My wedge has a hole in it

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Morning!

My beloved iWedge has a hole in it! The dampening insert off the back has fallen out and this makes me want to cry. I love these old wedges (and despite hastily putting them up for sale) and want them back to their former glory. So, short of sending the wedge back to Ping, any ideas on how to repair? Is lead tape the way to go? Please note I am a DIY disaster waiting to happen.

According to Ping, the 52' iwedge has a swing weight of D2 (I have this wedge) and the 56 has D4. Now, probably psychosomatic, but I can feel the 56 is now lighter than the 52. I'm sure this will have little or no bearing for a fool like me but the fact the insert is missing bothers me. The weight issue will niggle at me.

So, any advice on how to remedy? Or leave well alone?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 114

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Morning!

My beloved iWedge has a hole in it! The dampening insert off the back has fallen out and this makes me want to cry. I love these old wedges (and despite hastily putting them up for sale) and want them back to their former glory. So, short of sending the wedge back to Ping, any ideas on how to repair? Is lead tape the way to go? Please note I am a DIY disaster waiting to happen.

According to Ping, the 52' iwedge has a swing weight of D2 (I have this wedge) and the 56 has D4. Now, probably psychosomatic, but I can feel the 56 is now lighter than the 52. I'm sure this will have little or no bearing for a fool like me but the fact the insert is missing bothers me. The weight issue will niggle at me.

So, any advice on how to remedy? Or leave well alone?

Thanks

Weren't you trying to sell these wedges the other day? Yesterday maybe?

You should be able to either get a replacement Weight plug from Ping or send it back to be 'repaired'.

chrisg

Head Pro
Visit site
they'll definitely fix it - send it in (think you have to do it via an approved retailer/pro)

I have Iwedges in 52,56 and 60 and love them, I prefer them to the callaway forged I had previously.... I wouldn't mind getting a 58 instead of the 56 and 60 though..