My turn to gloat!

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well done Dave, big hurdle cleared doing it in a Comp, keep going and you'll be playing off the handicap your long game deserves (16 wouldn't flatter you the way you hit it off the tee)

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apologies for digging this up but just gone round Aberdovey in 88.

:whoo:

Let a really good score go by being 6 over on the last 3 :eek: but got some belief back !

Obviously doesn't count as not ina comp but makes me feel better :thup:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apologies for digging this up but just gone round Aberdovey in 88.

:whoo:

Let a really good score go by being 6 over on the last 3 :eek: but got some belief back !

Obviously doesn't count as not ina comp but makes me feel better :thup:

Top shooting bomber. That's a tough playground. I remember watching Stuey knock it round the front 9 in 1 over earlier this year. :whistle:

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Top shooting bomber. That's a tough playground. I remember watching Stuey knock it round the front 9 in 1 over earlier this year. :whistle:

Thanks wolf man. 5 over into the wind on the front 9. Could have happily walked off there.

Even better course off proper tees.

*** Edit 7 over after 9, after a 7 on the 1st so still all good!

Last edited:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well played Craig! You obviously where watching me make the game look so easy on Tuesday :mad:

na, really good shooting :thup:

and no need to apologise, I was happy to reread how good I am :rofl:

we should set a challenge, first to 18 wins something, wa you think?
And I'll get it in before anyone else does, it could be a long competition! Haha

skinnyevo

Visit site
Well done Dave.

I know how you feel. My best was 88 three years ago. And my last two rounds where 86 and 87. Really starting to feel like I can hit sub 90 almost every round. Got my first handicap this week which is 13. Much lower than I thought I'd get but I'm happy. Makes you want to play even more.

Nick

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Normal service resumed.

Back to +2 handicap today @ Borth. Serves me right for thinking I might be getting somewhere!

So you battered your handicap on a tough links track, then hit your buffer zone in the next round..........my heart bleeds for you ;) ;)

You won't smash your h/cap every time mate, but your defo heading into mid teens territory.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you battered your handicap on a tough links track, then hit your buffer zone in the next round..........my heart bleeds for you ;) ;)

You won't smash your h/cap every time mate, but your defo heading into mid teens territory.

Is that buffer? Need to read up more on this golf stuff!

Wasn't a feeling "woe is me" post, just funny how different game was one day to the next!

Some great little holes on Borth, and a load of "daren't breathe" tee shots beach one side, road the other. Nearly wiped out someone's motor with a beautiful high, sliced 5w that held up in the wind.

That heart-stopper apart, was good fun!

Last edited: