My swing

Chumpalot83

Assistant Pro
Visit site
After my second lesson yesterday, I had the opportunity to take some footage of my swing. I apologise profusely for the inferior quality and realise it looks like I've used a toaster to film it. It's late and I've struggled to find any sort of decent movie editing software. If anyone could recommend any that would be great.

Here's the before:
http://youtu.be/XL1JNmbqJDM

And after:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQc8EYzx7Yo

All comments welcome.

Thanks very much.

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Second link doesn't seem to be working mate? In the first vid your posture looks a bit hunched, rather than having a straight back from bending at the waist... I should know, had the exact same problem in my lessons!

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to 3/4 swing like you in the second video and I did not get on with it at all. There was no wrist cock in mine and although I held the initial right-wrist angle, it wasn't enough to get the ball up in the air and far.

Hope it works out for you mate.

Also, I really like your backswing speed.

Chumpalot83

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The address position and posture in the second vid is a huge improvement.
However, is the swing supposed to be a full swing?

No. I found it very hard to do a full swing with the new posture and was still concentrating on getting the setup right. I just need to get myself to the range and work on it all again now and build the swing in.

Chumpalot83

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used to 3/4 swing like you in the second video and I did not get on with it at all. There was no wrist cock in mine and although I held the initial right-wrist angle, it wasn't enough to get the ball up in the air and far.

Hope it works out for you mate.

Also, I really like your backswing speed.

Thanks. I'm going to try and keep the backswing nice and steady. I've had a tendency in the past to snap it back far too quickly.

Chumpalot83

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The posture does look a lot better in the 2nd vid, not easy this game, would be boring if it was :thup:

Thanks. I knew it would just be about getting the basics right at first. I actually thought my posture was OK until I compared the two vids. Just goes to show how useful video feedback can be.

I feel I now have the mental capacity to concentrate on something else whilst still working on the posture. In terms of my swing, is there a particular element you can identify which I could work on? Whether it's completing a full backswing, backswing speed etc?

David