Swing help needed

Rich9573

Visit site
Basically i found out my swing path was -14 degrees when looking at some new clubs as i wanted to get back into the game.
It was clear i was coming over the top visually and my bad shot was a slice.
After some research it became apparent i was not using my lower body enough and my head was moving forward. Therefore I've started to feel like i am using my lower body more to start the downswing. I'm not fully there yet but i'm slowly getting there.
The only problem now is i am now hooking the ball due to my new swing plane. Do you have any tips to help with this? Also if you have any other comments they are welcome :)

Videos:
https://vimeo.com/user120175847/review/441368100/ad14e3625c

Rich9573

Visit site
You didnt hook that one

This one was more of a draw but is the only video I have from today. I guess I was trying to understand if I'm coming more on plane was I closing the face before and thats why alot of my shots are going left? Just so when I now try and correct it I do so in the right way. I didn't want to add another fault in ?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This one was more of a draw but is the only video I have from today. I guess I was trying to understand if I'm coming more on plane was I closing the face before and thats why alot of my shots are going left? Just so when I now try and correct it I do so in the right way. I didn't want to add another fault in ?
First, you do have a good swing, well done.

You are a little steep on the downswing due to pulling down on the handle and then you keep your shoulders fairly level at impact which makes you straighten your right arm early, this probably gets you turning the club over which could be the cause of your hook.

You could try shallowing the shaft a bit on transition and then as you come into impact drop your right shoulder while maintaining some bend in your right elbow and wrist.
I'll attach a video for you:

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't know what your swing looked like before but that swing looked pretty good.
One thing which does needs fixing is the clubface position at the top of the backswing, it is closed which is hitting it left.

220px-Recep_Tayyip_Erdoğan_2019_(cropped).jpg

Compare that with Tiger below

220px-Recep_Tayyip_Erdoğan_2019_(cropped)nn.jpg

I'd suggest you check your grip as that is the main cause of this problem

Rich9573

Visit site
Bob: I do have a strong grip and it felt really strange weakening it. I will continue to weaken it and try and get the club face more open. Thankyou for the feedback it wasn't something j noticed ?

Socketrocket: I never really noticed thats what I was doing. Thank-you this is something I must work on as I do struggle to hit out of heavy rough and this would be why. I'm sure it would also increase my consistency. I've watched the video and he explains it really clearly ?

Lastly thanks for completing my swing. Its slowly getting there! I will work on this for the next 2 weeks then maybe upload a new video to see if its any better. It also will pressure me into really focusing on doing it ?