My swing

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
The one thing I do notice is there is very little hip turn on your back swing.

Your head appears to drop as you reach the top of your back swing, the come back up as you start down.

As for why you're hooking the ball, I'll leave that to someone who knows what they're talking about :D

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would say that without a ball its very difficult to say what it is, we can all swing smooth when there is nothing there, but that changes when the ball is in front of us.

BluenoseGolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
True about the ball but unfortunately that was the best I could do, I was just after general posture tips etc as hopefully the lesson on Sat may sort out the hook.

Cheers Gareth, now you have mentioned that its obvious!

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
looks pretty good

all i can see is the back swing looks a little flat, on the inside, and then the downswing looks more steeper, coming over the top from the outside.

I would suggest trying taking the club straight back, down the line, from address, when you get to the top there is less of a tendancy to come across, hopefully you'll swing back down the line more

BluenoseGolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah I do agree about the shoulder thing, its something i have struggled with in the past.

I also agree about the swing path, thanks for that advice Tim I'll give it a go tomorrow!

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
yeh he said to take the club straight back
(it felt steep compared to my old takeaway)

then on the downswing really drill into the back of the ball trying to take a divot
(this felt a lot like i was coming across the ball but the divots all pointed to the target)

still practicing - only had the lesson on sunday