My swing

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Grrr, now you are making me want to go back to the range and check my sholders! :D

Bye! :D :D

Ever seen that warm up drill where people put a club behind their neck or across their chest, get into their posture and then turn? That's the feeling you need. The club points down to the ball on the backswing and then back down to the ball on the follow thru, in order to do this the shoulders will turn at a steep angle. Make the same move with your shoulders on your proper swing and you're almost there.... it helps to make a full turn if you let your back leg straighten a little ;););) When done properly you should feel like your right hip actually moves LEFT as it is turning BEHIND you.

If you look a Hogan's swing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wpyAXvIDYw you can see that his right leg straightens and his right hip turns behind him to the LEFT like this...

hog.gif

This isn't cutting edge or something new, this is what the supposed greatest golfer of all time was doing a trillion years ago... and not only him, almost all the greatest golfers do this... it just hasn't been taught since Leadbetter came on the scene and messed it all up :D

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to the range this morning and tried the drill with another ball behind the one I intended to hit. What a difference! A much cleaner, crisper strike. I did however catch the wrong ball at times which made me look like a right knob.

Thanks again guys

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Went to the range this morning and tried the drill with another ball behind the one I intended to hit. What a difference! A much cleaner, crisper strike. I did however catch the wrong ball at times which made me look like a right KNOB.

Thanks again guys

Your starting to sound like Smiffy

Good to hear it is going well.

percy_layer

Challenge Tour Pro
www.davidord.com
Went to the range this morning and tried the drill with another ball behind the one I intended to hit. What a difference! A much cleaner, crisper strike. I did however catch the wrong ball at times which made me look like a right knob.

Thanks again guys

One of my favourite drills, you can use a ball or a block of wood. Just be careful not to let it get too close to the ball you're trying to hit, a grip length is close enough.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Thanks again guys

One of my favourite drills, you can use a ball or a block of wood. Just be careful not to let it get too close to the ball you're trying to hit, a grip length is close enough.

:eek:
You're brave :)
I use a headcover or a big yellow sponge

A

Alex1975

Hey Justone,

Just been back to the range, I was turning my shoulder enough, what I was missing from the S&T was the hip turn on my take away. It feels so nice when you get it in. Also Pushing my arms through after inpact really helped me keep the ball straight and even a little draw. My not so good shots are all on top of one another on in a pile on the range. Every bad shot landed in the same spot about 18 yards to the right of my target.

Great help and alot of fun to play with.

Al