My swing - videos included

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
In a way, my major swing thought is to keep my body from early extending and keeping the club head from drifting out.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
29nwj1z.jpg

Is my wrist in an unnatural position for impact here? It looks like my wrist is excessively bowed?

Anyone?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Yes, it's unnatural.

Only Moe Norman ever got close to that position..... unfortunately he was probably the best ball striker that ever lived :D

(that's probably not going to help you though) :p LOL

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I played nine yesterday and tried to feel a more natural wrist position. It felt like I was leaving the club face WAY open at impact even though it seemed to work ok.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I played nine yesterday and tried to feel a more natural wrist position. It felt like I was leaving the club face WAY open at impact even though it seemed to work ok.

compare your hands to Ally's in the other thread..... couldn't be more opposite. I'm not saying you should copy him (even though you should!!!! LOLOLOL) but your hands are swinging far too much 'away' from you and that causes a heap of issues generally, and quite often a loss of lag. Ideally as you start your downswing you should be 'considering' that your left arm should come into the ball VERTICAL... watch Ernie Els' left arm in the downswing... it's almost like a pendulum into impact (if you know what I mean)

[video=youtube;GE0a2Lowevk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE0a2Lowevk[/video]

NB: He has a totally different release where he rolls the club over... TOTALLY reliant on timing and I hate this release so don't copy it ;) LOL

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
You need to get a better video.

It does look like you swing the clubhead around behind you somewhat (flat), rather than up.

Watch how steep Ernie gets the shaft in the mid backswing.... (3 or 4 seconds in)
[video=youtube;CHgseiHIOPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=CHgseiHIOPU[/video]

I guess as a feeling when video'ing your swing down the line it should FEEL more like this.....
You are holding the grip of the club as you make your backswing, firstly on your backswing you point the grip at the camera that is filming your shot, after that you want to swing the GRIP up and over your right shoulder.... not flap the club head around behind you. Pay more attention to the grip (the bit that you control) and not let the clubhead fling itself in a big arc around behind you.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I had a lesson on Saturday and he's made two big changes to my game, one with irons and one with the driver.

With the irons he wants me to square my shoulders up a little more and get my left arm sitting a little forward of my right when looked at down the line.

With my driver, he wants me to make my shoulder turn further towards my right leg so that I get more power into my drives.

Both feel very weird for now and I've got a big society meet over three days next week. Drama!