My Swing Video

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Its not rank at all just a bit flat on your backswing. Try leaving your right heel planted on the ground until impact.

Eek. That's the symptom; not the problem. Fix the problem and the symptom will go away automatically!

So get that balance at set-up correct and start the (one piece) takeaway wider - careful, you can overdo that - and you should get a naturally less flt swing. Here's a vid that shows a good setup and checkpoint, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCuMt7bImT4 though I'm unconvinced about the 'nothing else moves' bit. To me, the backswing, like the downswing should flow with everything in sync, rather than a jerky mechanical movement that this seems to promote.

A

Alex1975

Thanks for this all, I have enjoyed it... Sorry for the provocation caused.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Agree on the swingplane being flat, you let the head of the club get far too much behind you almost like the takeaway is a flick/roll of the wrists and the clubhead stays far too low, you should NEVER see the head of the club below your right knee on the takeaway like you can in yours.

Agreed is flat. Here's a drill that I've posted before and has helped me, as I used to roll my wrists/forearms in the takeaway.

Take up your stance with a club in the address position(there doesn't need to be a ball there). Now turn your shoulders to 45 degress and allow your arms and hands to follow BUT WITH NO ROLL OF THE WRISTS. At this position the clubhead should be outside your hands and the club face should still be square but to your shoulders. The leading edge will match your spine angle. Now turn your feet and hips 45 degrees to match up with your shoulder plane, this brings you back to square all be it 45 degrees away from the target. Now drop your arms down to the ground and the face should be set square again at set up. AT NO POINT DURING THIS DRILL ARE YOUR WRISTS TO ROLL.

I hope this makes sence.

The Mark Crossfield video is excellent as well and is something my pro told me to do as I tend to swing a bit flat.

Good luck