My Swing Video

A

Alex1975

Hi All,

I have not posted my swing for a while, I have as always been working hard, please pull me apart.

I am interested in opinions of my hands at the top, am I still flat? and weight shift. I feel like my weight is moving well now and there is come evidence of this to my eyes on the clip but I am interested in what you guys think? And of course anything else you see that is of note. My focus is a repeatable swing so I am not smashing it!

As always this is not an OMG HELP kind of post, it is all a work in progress and a journey I am really enjoying for the most part.

Thank for all comments.

http://www.swingreader.com/video/view/g86BNooT

^^ A smoth 8 iron..

Alex

Last edited:

Airlie_Andy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Im no expert but you seem to be getting your weight really far forward almost onto your toes which is making it look a little unbalanced?

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that a 'proper' golf ball you are using there? I dont think I'd be too confident hitting a real ball in the home made driving range :D

Not sure if your aware, but your right foot is lifting up off the ground before you have even completed your backswing

A

Alex1975

Is that a 'proper' golf ball you are using there? I dont think I'd be too confident hitting a real ball in the home made driving range :DNot sure if your aware, but your right foot is lifting up off the ground before you have even completed your backswing
I dont get hit much Johno... Rick will be along with a story soon...Ye the right boot, spotted it.. I am keen to start the downswing from my feet up... am I too keen to get my hips though do you think?

A

Alex1975

Looks a bit like S&T to me so I'm out

Are you saying that I am not moving my weight onto my right side? I have had no S&T coaching or conversations or watched any videos... I AM INOCENT BOSS!!!

I would value your opinion Bob, what makes it look like S&T?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I know the S&Ts like to straighten the right leg on the backswing, they like the arms more round the body and the shaft parallel with the shoulders tilted down more than the traditional swing and as your right heel is lifting, I'm guessing you cant have much weight on your right foot.
So, a flat take away, straight right leg, tilted shoulders and weight on the left foot .......
James would be proud of you.

I prefer Luke's position myself but each to their own

Alex and Luke.jpg

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Absolutely not an expert, and anything I say should be routinely ignored.....

That right foot lift, coupled with the fact that it moves forward about 6 inches just after impact looks like it affects your balance at the end of the swing...

As I said, please ignore me, you would if you saw me play yesterday at Caldy...

A

Alex1975

I know the S&Ts like to straighten the right leg on the backswing, they like the arms more round the body and the shaft parallel with the shoulders tilted down more than the traditional swing and as your right heel is lifting, I'm guessing you cant have much weight on your right foot.
So, a flat take away, straight right leg, tilted shoulders and weight on the left foot .......
James would be proud of you.

I prefer Luke's position myself but each to their own

View attachment 3352

Gutted, I was feeling quite pleased with myself and this makes it all look RANK!!

A

Alex1975

So bend the right leg and get the club pointing more upright from those pics is what I am seeing...

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Doesn't look like S&T at all to me Bob.

Agree on the swingplane being flat, you let the head of the club get far too much behind you almost like the takeaway is a flick/roll of the wrists and the clubhead stays far too low, you should NEVER see the head of the club below your right knee on the takeaway like you can in yours.

I wouldn't expect you to get it here.... but it's an example.. watch the club head path....

[video=youtube;6ECs4LH7R6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ECs4LH7R6U[/video]

At what stage do you see the clubhead get behind his legs?

...your right leg looks plenty bent already to me.

Last edited:

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
Turn around the other way and stick your arse near to that fence, now try and swing without your clubhead hitting the fence.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
He can stand on his own hands and hit from there if he wants. My preference would be for him to control the clubhead instead of laying it back behind him... basically swing the club from the grip end,.... the tail doesn't wag the dog! :thup:

A

Alex1975

I need a mirror I think.

@bunkerd I shall put a washing line over my head going towards the target it will help maybe..