My Swing....Comments please

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just a couple of things I think I noticed.

Your feet are lined up right of where the sticks are pointing. They start out fairly square but when you shuffle and get comfortable your right foot moves back.
The 5 wood shot goes pretty much where your feet are pointing, to the right. Does it come back to where the sticks are pointing?

The other thing is that just after impact your whole body has sprung up, legs and back straight. It might work most of the time but maybe when you get the timing a little wrong the tops and thins happen.

Pretty good overall though imo.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Matey, your swing seems fluid enough to me, the rest of your body makes a bit of a jerk, too much effort into it?
If you ease off the speed a little, for example, try and hit a 6 iron 150 yards, does it feel smoother and more centre hits?
As mentioned above, left foot needs to come back a touch.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think both of yer posts are spot on lads.....Im trying desperately to slow everything down and smooth it out.. Im even feeling myself being jerky.....Its hard though....I feel that when i try slow things down everything falls out of place and i hit all sorts of mud! :D...
I can be very smooth and this is normally when i shoot my good scores.....Im glad that someone has picked up on the alignment as i thought i was square too until i saw the videos....

My shots tend to leak right alot.....The woods go fairly straight and normally where im aiming....

Short irons 8 up are ok as i have a shorter swing......
If i can sort 4 through 7 ill be delighted....

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just a couple of things I think I noticed.

Your feet are lined up right of where the sticks are pointing. They start out fairly square but when you shuffle and get comfortable your right foot moves back.
The 5 wood shot goes pretty much where your feet are pointing, to the right. Does it come back to where the sticks are pointing?

The other thing is that just after impact your whole body has sprung up, legs and back straight. It might work most of the time but maybe when you get the timing a little wrong the tops and thins happen.

Pretty good overall though imo.

Region,
The ball rarely comes back with my woods......Usually straight where im aiming i think?
As regards my body springing up.....I have seen this too in the videos.....I wasnt really aware of it until i saw it but it really looks ugly now :D

Is there any drills for staying down over the ball?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hopefully someone else will chip in with a drill for it. It's something I do as well sometimes, and I just try to make my one swing thought 'keep my spine angle'.

If you were on grass you could push a tee in about a foot towards your target from the ball and try to hit it with your follow through. I might be making that up though

I think the sticks would be more useful for now if you just had the one near the ball and the other near your feet.

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
looks to me on the 4 iron that you kept your weight on the back foot and not transfering it. I am however not very good at golf, so dont take my word for it, lol

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Your alignment looks fine to me, the video recorder has a funny way of adjusting depth perception (just look at both sides of the mat).

Provided you are set up square to the club on the ground and it's aiming in the right place then you're fine.

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The only thing for me from your video is maybe just turning more through the ball on your down swing which is why i think the ball has leaked right, as Justone said the video camera may make it look like your aligned wrong when you are not.

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There's a lot of movement in that swing. I would imagine that consistency is a big problem for you? I bet that when you're having a good day, everything works and clicks into place, but when you're out of sync - you can have a stinker.

Maybe try tightening up your swing and having more of a solid base?

Also, your swing is pretty flat...don't have much to say about it...just an observation. I think if you were looking for a perfect swing, it would be more upright. Although there's no doubt that you can make it work currently.

And the usual, I'm not really in a position to give advice, blah blah blah.

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you have a look at image below I stopped the video at impact with your 5 wood. You will notice that your right foot it still firmly planted on the ground, maybe should have your weight moved a little more onto your left at impact.

imo...

impact.jpg