My swing. Again

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are you hooking or slicing the ball? Your takeaway looks to be very inside, making the shaft point outside the ball to target line at the top.

StrangelyBrown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any good or wouldn't a close up be better?

IMAG0155.jpg

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your left hand is weak and not matching your right. Turn the left hand a little to your right so that the crease between the thumb and forefinger points over your right shoulder (like the right one does)

I would also look at taking the club back more outside , try to trace the extended ball to target line as long as possible with the shaft on the way back.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I ain't no expert, but your left hand looks a touch weak.

Just an observation.

Cheers
Andy

Funny how people see thing differantly! To me the grip looks quite strong.

A pull could be a out to in swing path.

A slice hitting with an open club face.

As people see differant thing. The best thing to do is pay heed to the expert. Over to you Bob.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Funny how people see thing differantly! To me the grip looks quite strong.

A pull could be a out to in swing path.

A slice hitting with an open club face.

As people see differant thing. The best thing to do is pay heed to the expert. Over to you Bob.

If you look at the crease between his left thumb and forefinger it points straight up to his chin which is a weak position. With his right hand it is a little strong and points over to the outside of his right shoulder.

A better start position for him would be where both palms are facing each other and both creases are pointing just right of his right ear.

Once this has been sorted I still thing he is taking the club back inside which is making him redirect the club over the top on the way down. Depending on the clubface direction this will encourage slices or pulls.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
:p ....:D ... :D .....As I said over to you Bob:p ...

In case anyone's thinking I'm ignoring the OP I've already pm'd him and given him my thoughts.

And for Brian, a few points if I may...

Its difficult to see the ops left hand clearly but I can see 3 knuckles so I wouldn't say it was weak.
As for his right hand being too strong.....I think you're going more on the thumb position rather than his actual hand. If he moved his thumb more to his right, I would guess it looks similar to his left hand.
HTH

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And for Brian, a few points if I may...

Its difficult to see the ops left hand clearly but I can see 3 knuckles so I wouldn't say it was weak.
As for his right hand being too strong.....I think you're going more on the thumb position rather than his actual hand. If he moved his thumb more to his right, I would guess it looks similar to his left hand.
HTH

EDIT:
Looking again I take your point about his thumbs. I would still suggest his palms are out of alignment. I would also suggest he is taking the club back too inside.

Last edited:

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
A good tip for swing path line. As said by John jacob's on his vids is , On the irons line up the bottom on the ball to target line. Then look at the top line of the club. This will be facing at an angle pointing to the inside. Use this as a guild, for the backswing swing path.