my swing 2 months later opinions?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
any experts have a say on it?

PM sent

Why can't it be shared on a public forum? Might help us all coming from an expert.

P.s why do people post saying they've sent a pm, it flashes on the other persons screen no matter what thread they are in :rolleyes:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
any experts have a say on it?

PM sent

Why can't it be shared on a public forum? Might help us all coming from an expert.

P.s why do people post saying they've sent a pm, it flashes on the other persons screen no matter what thread they are in :rolleyes:

I would say that the advice being given is really only relivant to the swing in the video. By putting it out onto the the rest of the forum, prople may start looking for a fault in their swing that isn't there.

That's just a guess mind you :D

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Richie those that are far better qualified will give you specifics, but I must says its looking good... pretty soon it'll all going to click and you'll be sub-100 with ease.

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
Richie I'm not qualified in any way to give you any advice but I'll give my opinion by asking the experts out there a question.

is he getting steep on the downswing and is he cutting across the ball slightly?

I'd love to know this for my own curiosity to see if my understanding matches reality because it is very similar to my own swing problems.

Other than that richie to me you seem a lot more balanced in your swing with less wasted motion in the legs/feets in particular and your not as steep on the downswing as you originally where.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
is he getting steep on the downswing and is he cutting across the ball slightly?

If he was cutting accross the ball, the exit point from behind would be his left elbow and the clubshaft would be more horizontal across his back but as you can see, it appears more at his shoulder and points more down his back.
:)

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
bobmac perhaps you could aid my education.

I dont understand because I thought a steep downswing leads to a cut across the ball/out to in swing. What will his steep downswing cause if not cutting across the ball?

Many thanks

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes a steep downswing will normally be above plane and out to in and there are one or two of those amongst the swings, but the majority are pretty much online.

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
bobmac cheers for the reply. I downloaded his swing to have a look at what you were talking about. one thing i noticed was that his head moves toward the ball quite a bit during his swing.

cheers