My name is HawkeyeMS and...

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
BTW. Most Unions encourage the (select/elite) Juniors to have electric trollies. Less punishing on their backs!

S

Snelly

Coincidentally and much to my disgust, I think I am going to need a trolley before long. Since turning 40, I am going to the dogs.....

I can't imagine it but even with a pencil bag and nowt but clubs and 3 balls, after 36 holes on Wednesday, my back was in spasm and I now need to see a physio.

I know nothing about trolleys but have seen a guy with one that had big wheels like an old fashioned pram. It looked almost bearable. Does anyone know what the brand might be?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Coincidentally and much to my disgust, I think I am going to need a trolley before long. Since turning 40, I am going to the dogs.....

I can't imagine it but even with a pencil bag and nowt but clubs and 3 balls, after 36 holes on Wednesday, my back was in spasm and I now need to see a physio.

I know nothing about trolleys but have seen a guy with one that had big wheels like an old fashioned pram. It looked almost bearable. Does anyone know what the brand might be?

I can't help with your question, but I will say that when I saw your name was the last person to reply to Hawkeye's trolley post, I did not expect to read the above! :eek: :)

Funnily enough, I also noticed things went downhill rapidly with my body once I hit 40.

S

Snelly

I can't help with your question, but I will say that when I saw your name was the last person to reply to Hawkeye's trolley post, I did not expect to read the above! :eek: :)

Funnily enough, I also noticed things went downhill rapidly with my body once I hit 40.

Quite embarrassing! I must dig out my recipe for humble pie.....!

S

Snelly

Just did a bit of research and the one I thought looked okay was called a Clicgear.

I will do a bit of investigation.....

steviep

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've always preferred to carry, but a few years ago I was struggling with my knees and bought a Motocaddy S1. Since then I've had cartilage ops on both knees and once recovered I started to carry again, but recently I've started to struggle carrying for 18 holes.
Last weekend I used the trolley (after having to buy a new battery) for the first time in ages and to be honest wished I hadn't stopped using it. I finished the round without any of the aches and pains I had when carrying and played some of my best golf for ages as I wasn't knackered after about 13 holes.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Since turning 30, I am going to the dogs.....

Fixed that for ya! :D

When I woke up on my 40th Birthday I felt like I'd suddenly had most of my joints sand blasted! My spine turned to glass and my wrists to putty :mad:

I'm hoping 50 won't have too many surprises although I'm thinking bed wetting and being spoon fed are on the cards :p

Don't think I'd ever be capable of carrying for 18 holes again.... so I bought a bag that I KNEW I'd never be able to lift :D

woosey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've always carried since i started golf, however since joining a hilly course (west essex) i've noticed by the back 9 where it's more open and i should score well, however i just feel tired from carrying, so i've opted for a go kart auto (arrived today, can't wait to get out there ;) )

I'm only 28, however i look at it as if it knocks 4-5 shots of my game it will be the best money ever spent.... not to mention less strain on the ankles!

At the end of the day it comes down to self image with trollies, i've finally got over the fact that having one is an old man thing i realised i'm making the game more difficult that it needs to be..

woosey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
oh and @ the op, by the time you have bought a decent 3 wheel push trolley, your over half way to a full electric trolley, which will be much more use to you :)