My golf swing.......

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree, a very good action.
One question.. is that your actual on-course swing?
It looks a bit posey for the camera.
If it is your course swing dont change it :)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nice. Best I've seen on here yet. Do you try to model yourself on anyone? Thought the finish had a touch of the McIlroys.

I thought that too.

Very nice. The thing that struck me most is that it's the first video I've seen on here (from memory) that has an address position that looks like a pro's.
Most you see look hunched but your back is beautifully straight.

T

thecraw

The beauty and flexibility of youth! I'm sure my back will spasm or break with that follow through and finish!

B

birdieman

Pretty good Feary, not surprised you're off 5 already.
If you are looking for any comments, no matter how small, dare I say I thought it was maybe a tad quick from the top i.e in the transition to the downswing there is possibly a little lunge like you're going after it a little.
Keep the start of the downswing as smooth as you made the backswing and you will be the next Ernie Els!
Great action though.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Your right hand and club shaft start on the yellow line and finish on the red line...

feary.gif

The majority of great players (not all though) will bring their hands back closer to the starting position and the club shaft closer to (or right on) the starting plane.

It's harder to square the clubface sufficiently with your hands pushing away from you as they need to be travelling back to the inside - which might explain your occasional blocked shots.

You also have a little forward rocking motion in your takeaway which might make you a little inconsistent.... especially if the wind is blowing you back onto your heels :D

Great tempo.

feary

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I personally try to copy Justin Rose's swing but the finish does remind me of Rory, MashieNiblick. Cheers for the comments Birdieman and JustOne. I'll try to work on them. JustOne do you think i could improve the position of my hands at impact by holding my hands higher at address? Also birdieman, I think it looks a bit rushed on the downswing because I am trying to move my hands before i move my hips on the downswing so i dont get stuck on the inside. But yes it does look like my month or so of hard swing work and practise has played off. Now putting........ I need to make some putts. :)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Being stuck on the inside only happens when the club gets lower than the swing plane, nothing to do with how much it's 'coming from the inside'. It often occurs when people (mostly amateurs) tilt their spine to the right too much (especially on the downswing) or release the club too early and have to get out of the way - stuck.

Would I change your hands at address? Maybe just an inch further away, or at least be conscious of not letting your hands get away from you as much as they are. Ernie Els' swing is similar to yours, hands start close then work away from the body above the plane, it relies on a huge amount of timing, you'd probably not get taught to swing that way.

So.... after both those comments, I'd move your hips and let the club drop more into the slot.

Love your shoulder tilt through the ball, you're clearly made of rubber! :)

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im guessing your quite short in distance? Nothing wrong with it to be honest as long as you hit fairways. Great swing and sounded like a good strike. Dont tinker with it too much or youll ruin it ;)