my golf swing

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
All looks grand to me pablo, not too much leg movement, arms seem ok.The main thing I noticed was your head bobbing for apples.
Then again, Im no teaching pro!

pablo123

Club Champion
Visit site
Yeah I lose alot of height, I have the swingreader app on my phone and when I'm watching it slo-mo I drop nearly a whole foot! Looks like I struggle to clear the hips too they kinda come towards the ball. If the more knowledgeable guys need a front on view Ive got one

pablo123

Club Champion
Visit site
I do try it but it obviously isn't working haha! If anyone wants to see it netter I could email the video to them

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Here's what I see.
I beieve the problem starts before you even move the club.
In the pic below you see the red line at address

Pablo1.jpg

This next picture shows how much you've moved your upper body even before the club has moved

pablo2.jpg

The top of the backswing shows how far your head is behind the ball.

pablo3.jpg

This isn't too bad for hitting driver off a high tee, but not ideal for fairway shots.

Finally the last picture shows how much your upper body is leaning back, away from the target.
This not only loses power but also can lead to back problems in the future.

pablo7.jpg

I would suggest you try and keep your upper body over the ball more during the swing and especially into impact as per Tiger

pablo6.jpg

HTH :)

pablo123

Club Champion
Visit site
I love it when tiger gets used an example:p So basically my head has to stay over the ball at all times in the swing? Would this result in the hips bot clearing because my upper body has moved so far back?? Thanks for the help bob

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
i was advised by my pro turning your left foot out slightly will help will the hips.

True if you're having problems turning, but if you turn the hips too early, this throws the club outside the line and ends up swinging out to in so not ideal for everyone.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I love it when tiger gets used an example:p So basically my head has to stay over the ball at all times in the swing? Would this result in the hips bot clearing because my upper body has moved so far back?? Thanks for the help bob
Id say once the ball has travelled around two yards, stop trying to be over the ball, itll only end in tears. :D

pablo123

Club Champion
Visit site
I've been busy at my work and haven't had time to get a range sesh in. Going tomorrow though. So bob, when trying to keep my body more over the ball how do I stop myself from keeping all the weight on the left side?