My Golf insurance (Chubb)

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone taken out the additional equipment insurance available through EG?

£28 for a years cover seems very reasonable.

Usually insure through Carrick Neil but having just totted up what I now have my now have (~4k) I'd need to up my premium so am looking at other options.

Ta.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone taken out the additional equipment insurance available through EG?

£28 for a years cover seems very reasonable.

Usually insure through Carrick Neil but having just totted up what I now have my now have (~4k) I'd need to up my premium so am looking at other options.

Ta.
What does that cover?
My renewal through Golfplan has just come in and it is £65 for up to £10k equipment cover (New for old), £5m Public Liability, £2m Third Party, and £50k Personal Accident. Plus £500 GPS/Rangefinder, £3k Electric Trolley, £500 Hole in One, £8k Membership Fees and £2k Personal Possessions. Worldwide cover.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

LizAig

Visit site
I use GolfPlan - nearly every other company doesn’t do new for old once your clubs are 1 or 2 years old! Nothing in my bag is under 2 years old! I also like that they cover your golf fees for any injury or illness, not just golfing related (they paid my fees for 3 months one year) plus your clubs are covered in the boot of your car at all times whereas most just cover to and from golf club so if you stop somewhere on the way home and your car gets taken then your clubs wouldn’t be covered.

LizAig

Visit site
So from 12 months of purchase you only get second hand value of any claim and who assess's the value ?
The insurance company assesses the value - they just look at average second hand sale price for your exact clubs and pay that…..it’s not very much ££ especially if you also have to pay excess!

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Carrick Neil renewal is £91 if I up the amount of cover , so it's now either golf plan or golf care if I want the new for old cover.
I assume you need all your receipts?