My first boo boo under the new rules

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
One of my mates did it in a knock round yesterday and one of the others decided it counted as 2 shots - I did correct him

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Man up FFS!

How? It is just rubbish, bending over to drop a ball from an arbitrary height, which is hard to judge. It has solved nothing, as the ball can still roll nearer the hole, requiring a redrop.

Drop from shoulder to knee height, as you wish, would be fine. This rule sucks.

Homer

Visit site
How? It is just rubbish, bending over to drop a ball from an arbitrary height, which is hard to judge. It has solved nothing, as the ball can still roll nearer the hole, requiring a redrop.

Drop from shoulder to knee height, as you wish, would be fine. This rule sucks.

Works fine for me so far - even a cat could do it!!!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Works fine for me so far - even a cat could do it!!!

Fine, what ever.

We have a lot of tractor marks on the course at the moment, and lots of GUR due to work being done. Probably average 3 drops per round, may be more. It is tiresome remembering, and also checking others drops. And it has solved nothing. Most drops need at least one redrop may be two. A pointless rule change, in my view.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
In the comp on Saturday, one of my playing partners had 6 redrops from one drop, as he kept dropping from near knee height, but not near enough. Is that ok? No, drop it from knee height. Jeez did it waste time. Were the results any different? No. But it is the rules. Stupid.

Homer

Visit site
In the comp on Saturday, one of my playing partners had 6 redrops from one drop, as he kept dropping from near knee height, but not near enough. Is that ok? No, drop it from knee height. Jeez did it waste time. Were the results any different? No. But it is the rules. Stupid.

Didn’t buy a round either I assume also? Lol!!

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fine, what ever.

We have a lot of tractor marks on the course at the moment, and lots of GUR due to work being done. Probably average 3 drops per round, may be more. It is tiresome remembering, and also checking others drops. And it has solved nothing. Most drops need at least one redrop may be two. A pointless rule change, in my view.

If I was to bet on one rule that will revert at the earliest opportunity its the knee height drop rule, though I would guess it'll go to between knee and shoulder height, knee height is such an awkward thing to do and (for me) it was a rule that didn't need changing.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Fine, what ever.

This is not my experience, I've yet to have to re-drop, playing twice a week since the new rules came in.
Also you are aware I am sure that you are only required to re-drop once. If on the second drop the ball finishes outside of the relief area the ball myst be placed on the spot where the ball landed.

Homer

Visit site
He didn't have to, as in our 4 ball, he was on the winning side. Not sure why buying the drinks is relevant to someone who just doesn't get where knee height is.

People that perceive its rubbish will always try to not make it work. It ain’t that difficult - if you can tie your own laces then it’s easy. Unless you are a slip on geezer (I guess you are) obvs!

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
People that perceive its rubbish will always try to not make it work. It ain’t that difficult - if you can tie your own laces then it’s easy. Unless you are a slip on geezer (I guess you are) obvs!

Boa is fine for us guys who can't cope with laces. If only the rule book came as a ladybird book, with audio, and cartoon pictures, may be intellectual midgets like me could get it? Or, they could just not change stuff that did not need changing.

I know which way my vote would go.

Homer

Visit site
Boa is fine for us guys who can't cope with laces. If only the rule book came as a ladybird book, with audio, and cartoon pictures, may be intellectual midgets like me could get it? Or, they could just not change stuff that did not need changing.

I know which way my vote would go.

Should be easy if your are a midget! Are you? Love to see a midget golfer swing!!! Ha ha!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had to stop several players from dropping from shoulder height in the last few weeks. Don't have an issue with the new drop to be fair but only needed to do it twice since January so hardly given it a stringent run out. I never really monitored the old drop too much and to be honest haven't really looked too much at how others are doing the new version. As long as it doesn't look flagrantly like they're taking the mickey I'm happy enough. Most seem to be dropping from knee height and are we really going to monitor whether its a centimetre or two out either way?