my current swing

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
A good powerful swing :)
2 very small points...
A very early wrist break almost immediately into the start of the backswing and in the followthrough, your left elbow comes up ala chicken wing.

Not anything major but just something to be aware of if your divots point a bit left

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks Bob. I have been looking at the wrist break, and have been working on taking the club back further without the the early break, still have the chicken wing though, not sure how to stop it, or its impact, last lesson I had this was not mentioned, so I figured it wasnt that important.
Do you think its worth looking at other opt, or just work at what i have?
Thanks

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
My contact is usually solid, direction would tend to be the issue, I usually play a draw, but on a bad day, it will hook, or block, I think it is when I am out of sync and cant find rhythm.

golfstick

Head Pro
Visit site
are u possibly getting a head of the ball a bit much rather than staying down with the shot? Im no pro like it just looks a little that way to me

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A good powerful swing :)
2 very small points...
A very early wrist break almost immediately into the start of the backswing and in the followthrough, your left elbow comes up ala chicken wing.

Not anything major but just something to be aware of if your divots point a bit left

Sorry to hijack, but what fault would a very early wrist break cause Bob?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry to hijack, but what fault would a very early wrist break cause Bob?

The downswing tends to mimic the backswing to a certain extent so an early wrist hinge would make the backswing a bit steep, therefor causing the downswing to also be a bit too steep

A

Alex1975

Just popped in to say, nice looking swing, no help, but its nice to know it looks good.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the input, i have been to the range tonight, getting a bit practice in, talking to the pro about sean folley, nd about how he teaches to keep your body over the ball and a more compact swing, keeping everything tight. Just going to look at tightening what I have and take it from there. :)