Tour Rookie
Visit site
Please take a look at my clubs in my signature
you think its a good mix of clubs am i missing anything
any ideas welcomed thanks

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
On the face of it, no obvious gaps. A lot of players use a driver, fairway, hybrid, 4 iron to wedges set up. I use something similar, except I don't have a wedge with more loft than my 56 degree sand wedge, so I have a space in the bag but no real need to fill it.

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Irons 4 - SW ..... and a 48 deg wedge..........?? Id drop that and add a gap wedge , 50 / 52
I did consider a gap wedge, but for me i can do alot with my standard P so i decided not to get a gap
i got the 48 because i wanted something with very low bounce and with a P distance,

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Irons 4 - SW ..... and a 48 deg wedge..........?? Id drop that and add a gap wedge , 50 / 52
Certainly worth considering imo.

Not sure what loft the standard PW is. What benefit does the 48* give you over the PW? Worth checking distances and working out what loft fills the distances best.

Not particularly keen on LWs either, specially at this time of year. but some people hit them way better than I do and they can be handy if you are short-sided, have to go over a hazard ir for some bunker shots. It was the only club not used today.

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Certainly worth considering imo.

Not sure what loft the standard PW is. What benefit does the 48* give you over the PW? Worth checking distances and working out what loft fills the distances best.

Not particularly keen on LWs either, specially at this time of year. but some people hit them way better than I do and they can be handy if you are short-sided, have to go over a hazard ir for some bunker shots. It was the only club not used today.

the 48 has no bounce and i feel comfy having it when because of the lies sometimes i get,
most par 4s i have p distance left and i want to have options

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
You don't say what your fairway wood is.
If it's a 3 wood, I'd suggest you either get a 5 wood or a 18 deg hybrid
I would also sort out the wedges... 2 x pws a sw and a 62?
I'm not a huge fan of carrying too many wedges but if your PW is 46, get a 52 and a 58.
If that doesn't give you enough options, I don't know what will.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't have a wedge with more loft than my 56 degree sand wedge, so I have a space in the bag but no real need to fill it.

Sometimes there are competitions on here where you can win a wedge, that's the time to add!

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You don't say what your fairway wood is.
If it's a 3 wood, I'd suggest you either get a 5 wood or a 18 deg hybrid
I would also sort out the wedges... 2 x pws a sw and a 62?
I'm not a huge fan of carrying too many wedges but if your PW is 46, get a 52 and a 58.
If that doesn't give you enough options, I don't know what will.
3 Wood standard 15 Degree, my wedges i feel i have alot of options, my hybrid is a 3 hybrid 18 degree,

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
i have never played a round with anyone who has 2 p/w with different bounce options, nor can i think of any Pro's who would use that set up, so it would make sense to sharpen up your wedge play and stick with 3 or 4 with a consistent step between each one.

Not saying you are wrong but if I were you I would get a lesson to sort that out, wedges have bounce but opening/closing the face can manipulate the flight and interaction with the turf depending on the lie.

46/52/56/60

or 48/54/60

or 46/52/56.