Musselburgh Links Tee-box signs

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
This is straight out of Only fools and horses. I'm having my dinner tonigt when my grandfather walks in with the paper and asks me if I've read the article on Msselburgh being named as officially the oldest golf course in the world.

He then proceeds to tell me that he has seven tee box signs in a box upstairs that were from the original seven holed course back in 1837 or 1838.

Unfortunately he's not a golfer and sentimentality doesn't really come into it for him as it would for me.

The question is, can these have a value put on them and if so does anyone have a suggested course of action and company to deal with?

Look forward to your replies!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Do the decent thing and get in touch with the club direct or indeed the R&A....I am sure they would give your Granfather something to take them off his hands.They are a lot older than that as hole 8 was added in 1838.

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
lol. He owns a waste disposal firm and they renovated a lot of the course about 10-15 years ago he said. They've been sat in a tea-chest that entire time!

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd contact The R&A and see if they would like them for the museum. They could maybe offer you life membership of the links society in exchange... wouldn't cost them a thing :)

That's what i'd give you if i was the boss there... he he.