Music, why do they rave about that crap?

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Any groups/aritsts that you simply cannot understand the hype over???

Jack Johnson

Sheryl Crow

Madonna - act your age you daft moo.

Sugarbabes

The Feeling
Madonna? Perhaps yes the videos are a bit sad, but her music just goes on and on.

As for what>>> Coldplay, Keane and TRavis are three of the worst, and of course let's not forget druggie posterboy fronted Babyshambles, the "shambles" being highly appropriate. From the past, there's only one candidate, and that's the Beatles.

D

Deleted member 1147

Shania Twain, Norah Jones, Sugar Babes, Madge, Killers, Destinys Child, Justin Timberlake to name but a few!

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ant cRAP artists..... utter garbage. they rip off old classics and absolutely kill the track, Kanye west.. so overrated. 50 cent and all that b*ll*cks.. westlife, boyzone and all the other talentless one hit wonders

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any R n B, Hip Hop, Rap. Makes my blood boil.

Don't know why but I really cant stand Phill Collins? But I like some of his music.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My musical taste's have changed over the years but whilst there's only a few artists/groups i probably wouldn't listen to , surely its all relative ?
I grew up firstly listening to early 80's before moving onto soul/house then Britpop and now i tend to favour Rock/guitar bands BUT i still have a huge eclectic mix of musical styles in my I-pod library.

However , the one person i can't stand , never have/never will is Madonna - Talentless and ugly with it.

MJ , Jack Johnson is great. Perfect for a summer's evening chilled out BBQ. I got into his music whilst backpacking round the globe in 2004 . Well loved by the Hippy types i can confirm

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I love most music - but that feckin ye-ha country music makes my blood boil - If I hear it I simply walk out.
The DJ at my wedding was warned not to play any ye-ha then he thought it was funny to put some on and dedicate it to me. I told him if he wanted paid then change the song in 10 seconds or get out. When he realised I was not joking he promptly changed it and in lieu of ye-ha he played swing - which was fantastic for the wedding.

I simply have no explanation for my behaviour but if I hear ye-ha or Tudthumping by Chumbawumba I just stand up and leave - it honestly makes me angry - Imagine one of those angry blokes who should not drink whiskey then sinks a bottle.

I love R&B, Hip Hop, Trance and just about everything mentioned above - must say that Mint Royale version of singing in the Rain is great.

PS I am NOT taking the p155

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Murph,

Radiohead are a superb band, listen to there songs and lyrics and you'll see what i mean..... not only that, they've been on the scene for years so must have something?

Not sure if anyone on here has listened to Hard-Fi stars of CCTV but this is a great album, also Athlete - Tourist is another brilliant album.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Minty - Yep, Stars of cctv is ace.

Radiohead just don't do it for me. Have heard lots of their stuff (had most of their back catalog on my ipod for a while), but it just doesn't appeal (so I deleted it). Don't rate Metallica either (had all their stuff on the pod too, and yup, deleted it).

Doesn't make me a bad person.

Oh, and U2 - great singles, terrible albums.

B

birdieman

The Coral -crap!
Mica - prancing tit!
Van Morrison -please no more torture!
Westlife - just want to put them all on a boat doing their thing then invite the RAF to strafe them all! The grinning one who takes lead usually, he is particularly nauseating!
Sophie Ellis Bextor - Ahhhhhrrghh, have to leave the room.

HartleyHare

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Coral -crap!
Mica - prancing tit!
Van Morrison -please no more torture!
Westlife - just want to put them all on a boat doing their thing then invite the RAF to strafe them all! The grinning one who takes lead usually, he is particularly nauseating!
Sophie Ellis Bextor - Ahhhhhrrghh, have to leave the room.

jeez Birdieman, me and thee could be long lost brothers!!!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Murph, not rating metallica is tantamount (got it right this time alan!) to blasphemy in my eyes!

Hard-Fi, absolutely grand, athlete is just samy dross stuff to me.

Indie stuff that does it for me; The View, The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Babyshambles, The Libertines, Dirty Pretty Things, Razorlight (earlier stuff), Keane, Snow Patrol and much more.