Murcia golf

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Las Colinas is one of the best, Lo Romero, La Finca. EDITED - are also good value. Las Rambles is another but seemingly too easy to lose balls.
According to my mate who had a house nearby in Casada , I think ?. I've only played Lo Romero and I enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Las Colinas is one of the best, Lo Romero, La Finca. EDITED - are also good value. Las Rambles is another but seemingly too easy to lose balls.
According to my mate who had a house nearby in Casada , I think ?. I've only played Lo Romero and I enjoyed it.

You can't go there without playing Las Ramblas, it's a fabulous course.
And yes, take plenty of golf balls!

Leftie5.6

Visit site
You can't go there without playing Las Ramblas, it's a fabulous course.
And yes, take plenty of golf balls!
Las Ramblas is like driving a car down a narrow winding country road at 40mph with your eyes closed. No doubt if you’ve played it a few times you get a bit further before you end up in a ditch.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A big thumbs up for Las Colinas. My parents own an apartment in Murcia, on a course called Saurines. Las Colinas is a must every trip.

Las Ramblas is a good tough course, but expect packed tee times and 5 hour or so rounds (in my experience).

I'm a big fan of the old Polaris World courses designed by Jack Nicklaus. Saurines & Mar Menor being my personal top 2... but I'm bias on Saurines as i often stay there!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Liked La Manga, the courses and the resort but it’s not real Spain. It made for a great break, great meals and using the spa after hours out on the course but if you want authentic Spanish bars and restaurants you need to stay elsewhere.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
A big thumbs up for Las Colinas. My parents own an apartment in Murcia, on a course called Saurines. Las Colinas is a must every trip.

Las Ramblas is a good tough course, but expect packed tee times and 5 hour or so rounds (in my experience).

I'm a big fan of the old Polaris World courses designed by Jack Nicklaus. Saurines & Mar Menor being my personal top 2... but I'm bias on Saurines as i often stay there!
Any ideas of the green fees in March at las calinas?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Liked La Manga, the courses and the resort but it’s not real Spain. It made for a great break, great meals and using the spa after hours out on the course but if you want authentic Spanish bars and restaurants you need to stay elsewhere.
La Manga looks really good,but a bit expensive.
Think it was €180.

sunshine

Visit site
I've been down to this area loads. I think the courses here are under-rated and you can get good golf at decent prices.

Las Colinas - top notch
La Manga - courses are nice but I'm not a fan of the complex - as Hobbit says it is not Spain
El Valle - probably my favourite because of the desert setting and the tactical risk/reward holes
Hacienda Riquelme - also good
Roda - ok but a bit flat and boring
Mar Menor - always stay here but never played it because the course looks really hemmed in by housing and doesn't look very interesting. They have big nets on many holes to stop slicing into houses, not my cup of tea
Alhama - challenging but a bit boring
La Torre - shorter course good for higher handicappers
Font del Llop - technically not in Murcia, but only 10 mins from Alicante airport this is a great option for the first or last day of your trip

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any ideas of the green fees in March at las calinas?
I paid about €99 a head for a round with a buggy in mid summer mid afternoon (technially out of season as it's too hot) whilst they were doing green maintenance (although you'd never have been able to tell). So expect more than that if you want 9am Saturday in September!!!

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure why I typed September not March... but you get the jist! I'm sure March to May then Sept to Oct is peak season for them aka they charge more. But its been a few years since I last went so things may have changed.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been down to this area loads. I think the courses here are under-rated and you can get good golf at decent prices.

Las Colinas - top notch
La Manga - courses are nice but I'm not a fan of the complex - as Hobbit says it is not Spain
El Valle - probably my favourite because of the desert setting and the tactical risk/reward holes
Hacienda Riquelme - also good
Roda - ok but a bit flat and boring
Mar Menor - always stay here but never played it because the course looks really hemmed in by housing and doesn't look very interesting. They have big nets on many holes to stop slicing into houses, not my cup of tea
Alhama - challenging but a bit boring
La Torre - shorter course good for higher handicappers
Font del Llop - technically not in Murcia, but only 10 mins from Alicante airport this is a great option for the first or last day of your trip

We stayed at and played Mar Menor in 2015 and it was terrible. The course was boring, tight and had greens like shag carpet. Much of it was forgettable.
Alhama was the biggest disappointment, had been lauded and talked up to us but was in shocking condition with bunkers like concrete and fairways and greens scorched. (we did see Mike Dean and his Mrs walking around the course though).
Riquelme was the best of the three we played that year but again, hemmed in by housing for some of it (my mate put his ball in someone's garden). And the clubhouse/restaurant did a mean steak burger.