Multi Course Membership

Nomad_Golf

Visit site
Are you the bloke banned from the Facebook Group for peddling your scheme?
All joking aside, I'm not sure what you're talking about. IanP joked that I worked for Ready Golf because I'm interested in joining them. I've done research on Playmore so answered the question about how it works (feel free to look at their site too). I think you and Sunshine have got the wrong end of the stick and might have misread my original post.

sunshine

Visit site
This isn't much cheaper than the 7 day fees I pay at the members club I'm at, and I can play (under normal conditions) any time of the day, any day of the week without the need to book anything.
Good advertising though for your business though...well done:)

These schemes aren't right for everyone. Don't work for me, because I play my golf at the weekend.

Not many places in the south east that cost £800 a year. If your membership is that cheap you've got a tremendous deal. Is this a fair comparison though? The scheme that nomad is advertising is offering Littlestone for example which must cost a lot more than £800 a year.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
These schemes aren't right for everyone. Don't work for me, because I play my golf at the weekend.

Not many places in the south east that cost £800 a year. If your membership is that cheap you've got a tremendous deal. Is this a fair comparison though? The scheme that nomad is advertising is offering Littlestone for example which must cost a lot more than £800 a year.
No, I pay£1165, but that is just 20 mins drive from home. Littlestone (and all the others on the list) are more than that so even at £800 the travelling costs and time would soon make it pointless cost wise.
I'm quite sure most members clubs would put some heavy restrictions on when you could play their course anyway, rather than upset their existing members.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The idea of buying credits has merit but I'd simply stick to one club (as an addition to my home club which I am happy to be a member at paying the annual fee). I could join Mill Ride for a reasonable amount for a reasonable course but use of a superior practice facility. There are others within 30 miles I could do the same with but would I get value for money and how often would I really play? I have everything I want at my course so these schemes aren't for me and I fear some are money making schemes with little regard for those that sign up

Ser Shankalot

Visit site
What's in it for the golf courses to provide access to their courses this way - especially if memberships are generally full and it is now harder to get good tee times? Some of these schemes seem to offer some pretty nice courses as part of their offering (eg. onegolfclub offering Burhill, Moor Park and The Addington) for quite cheap subscription compared compared to visitors fees. Wouldn't these more premium courses just be cannabalising their own revenue for not much gained? I fully admit to no experience of these multi-course schemes , but just seems too good to be true vs their low charges?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Depends how active you are. You pay £350 - £450 for 100 credits at any given course. You're allowed to use 10 - 20 courses at their other venues but you have to choose a home club. Then, depending on the course, a 8am Sat morning tee off 'costs' 20 - 30 credits while a Thurs 6pm tee off 'costs' 2 credits. When you run out of credits you top up your balance with another £350-£450.
Scheme is good if you are a part time golfer and play most of your golf at one or two courses near you.
This makes little sence, the cost of 100 credits seems rather high, paying £450 for around 20 rounds of golf is expensive unless your only going to play that amount of gol

sunshine

Visit site
What's in it for the golf courses to provide access to their courses this way - especially if memberships are generally full and it is now harder to get good tee times? Some of these schemes seem to offer some pretty nice courses as part of their offering (eg. onegolfclub offering Burhill, Moor Park and The Addington) for quite cheap subscription compared compared to visitors fees. Wouldn't these more premium courses just be cannabalising their own revenue for not much gained? I fully admit to no experience of these multi-course schemes , but just seems too good to be true vs their low charges?

That is a good question.

The surge in memberships caused by the COVID golf bubble means that fewer clubs need the revenue now. However, pre-COVID many clubs were struggling with membership and desperate for the extra revenue of a corporate membership like this. Also the club can specify availability so will probably block out Saturday mornings for club members and only make the course available to onegolf midweek for example. Even a premium golf club has a price... they may not need the revenue but if the price is right (and they have the capacity) they will do a deal.

I expect the amount that onegolfclub pays to each club varies massively, and the resulting profit (or loss). Moor Park is surely a loss leader, but having a quality name on the roster of courses is going to attract members to join. These members may play Moor Park once or twice a year but the majority of their golf is probably going to be on the cheaper courses.

Some of my mates do this and they played loads last year due to furlough. They got incredible value - I'm not sure if clubs will be so receptive this year.

sunshine

Visit site
The idea of buying credits has merit but I'd simply stick to one club (as an addition to my home club which I am happy to be a member at paying the annual fee). I could join Mill Ride for a reasonable amount for a reasonable course but use of a superior practice facility. There are others within 30 miles I could do the same with but would I get value for money and how often would I really play? I have everything I want at my course so these schemes aren't for me and I fear some are money making schemes with little regard for those that sign up

I don't really understand what point you are trying to make in this post.

Specifically addressing the money making comment: well isn't that the point of a business? It's not a charity.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
We allocate one 4 ball a day (2 ball during covid) to One golf. It is roughly lunchtime ish, 7 days a week. For this, the club trouser around 11k I believe. Do I agree with it? No, but it's not my decision.