MPs Brexit Options

So which would you support

• No-deal Brexit - Leave the EU on 12 April without a deal

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Common Market 2.0 - The UK joins the European Economic Area and negotiates a temporary customs union

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • EFTA/EEA - Similar to Common Market 2.0 but rejects customs union and Irish backstop replaced

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Customs union - Calls for the UK to negotiate a permanent customs union with the EU

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Labour's alternative plan - A customs union with the EU and "close alignment" with the single market

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Revoke Article 50 - Cancel Brexit if the UK gets within days of leaving without a deal.

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Confirmatory public vote - (2nd referendum)

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Malthouse Plan B - The UK makes its budgetary contributions to the EU to the end of 2020

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. We know that Brexit will have negative effects overall on the UK. No one would want that so ignorance is the only possible reason.

RE the bit in bold. No we don't. What we do know is that a majority of the forecasts and predictions are that there will be negative effects. What we also know is that similar apocolyptic predictions were made about what would happen if there was a vote to Leave and those turned out not to be true. The governor of the BoE has admitted that he got it wrong.

And no, I'm not some blinkered Brexiteer who wants to Leave at any cost. I wanted, and still want us, to Remain but to suggest that forecasts and predictions are knowledge or somehow proof of how it will be if we leave does your argument no good at all and inevitably leads to accusations of arrogance against you.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
In your view, not mine.

Depending on your circumstance, you personally might be better off. But on the whole the prices of things will rise for the general populous and thus we will be worse off as a people.

I guess if you voted in an altruistic fashion to suit your own business interests it may be seen as a positive but I don’t think selfishly with my political views.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Depending on your circumstance, you personally might be better off. But on the whole the prices of things will rise for the general populous and thus we will be worse off as a people.

I guess if you voted in an altruistic fashion to suit your own business interests it may be seen as a positive but I don’t think selfishly with my political views.

You really can't help it. I am either thick, or selfish. Thanks.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I wanted, and still want us, to Remain but to suggest that forecasts and predictions are knowledge or somehow proof of how it will be if we leave does your argument no good at all and inevitably leads to accusations of arrogance against you.

I think the accusations of arrogance are based more on his style of posting than views he has

D

Deleted Member 1156

If you can’t find that information for yourself then you shouldn’t be in this conversation. :)
Which is basically your way of saying you can't prove it because nobody actually knows for certain at this stage.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. We know that Brexit will have negative effects overall on the UK. No one would want that so ignorance is the only possible reason.

Stop being so easily triggered when someone points out your lack of knowledge. I wouldn’t get in a tizz if someone told me I didn’t understand jet propulsion, nuclear fission or orbital interactions.
You really are an arrogant child minded bigot. Take a long look at yourself.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
If you can’t find that information for yourself then you shouldn’t be in this conversation. :)

In two different threads today you've been asked to provide evidence, and your response is prove it... do you call that intelligent debating? Its playground stuff.

If you're gonna throw statements out there at least have the common decency and manners to provide some evidence when you're asked.

"Prove it.":rolleyes:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
In two different threads today you've been asked to provide evidence, and your response is prove it... do you call that intelligent debating? Its playground stuff.

If you're gonna throw statements out there at least have the common decency and manners to provide some evidence when you're asked.

"Prove it.":rolleyes:

There are different levels of botheration and I’m perfectly happy to not bother searching out the links to evidence to things that couldn’t really be more in the public domain at present.

Does it make me crap at debating? Maybe but I’ve never said I’m debating. Why would I debate with people who are so obviously entrenched in their views that they’ll never change their mind? The evidence to show that financially remain is beneficial is plentiful and easily found. Yet people still claim it isn’t. So that’s where I end my interest in changing people’s minds and shift to wanting people to realise exactly what they’re saying so that when the inevitable happens, they can at least see their error and maybe be more open minded in future.

D

Deleted Member 1156

You're right OS, waste of time responding to him. When he can't argue his point of view he just acts superior and ignorant.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
’t arrogance when all the evidence proves what I’ve claimed
There are different levels of botheration and I’m perfectly happy to not bother searching out the links to evidence to things that couldn’t really be more in the public domain at present.

Does it make me crap at debating? Maybe but I’ve never said I’m debating. Why would I debate with people who are so obviously entrenched in their views that they’ll never change their mind? The evidence to show that financially remain is beneficial is plentiful and easily found. Yet people still claim it isn’t. So that’s where I end my interest in changing people’s minds and shift to wanting people to realise exactly what they’re saying so that when the inevitable happens, they can at least see their error and maybe be more open minded in future.

so why are you posting at all????