MP20 users any feedback

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I currently am using my MP52s with an MX200 5 iron.
I am seriously contemplating the MP20s in muscle back from 7 to PW and then HMB in 5 and 6.
However I am not financially in a good place to go for it at the costs that I see.
So I have resolved to correct my current 6 iron issues and make do until I feel I can happily slip them in the bag without the wife giving me what for, if she finds out.

Those of you who have taken the plunge, what are your opinions and did you blend ?
I am not an mmc fan I am afraid, so would not consider those from 7 iron upwards.

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I went for an iron fitting last week with the full intention of getting a blended set of MP20s. Without a doubt the best looking irons on the market and couldn't wait to hit them. Great feel off them and really liked the launch off the HMBs in the long irons.

I actually ended up with a blended set of Titleist 620 CBs and MBs with a U500 long iron. Nothing against the MP20s, the Titleist just fit my eye better behind the ball, with very little to split them when it came to performance.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I like Mizzies, had a couple of sets down the years, and have gone to several fittings since but find the spin numbers too high.My last 3 sets have been Titleist. My fav being the 716CB's. Currently using the AP3's but, as others have said, the odd flyer goes a little too far, and I also find the wedge has a little too much bounce.

MP20's look a little too angular for me. Not so keen on the Titleist 620 and 718MB's. Would probably go for the 718 CB's. If funds were reasonably unlimited, the 718 T-MB. I have the 3 & 4 irons, and they are fabulous.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Extremely tempted with a set of HMB's, though only tried the 7 iron and a 5 iron, really want to try a 9 iron and see how that feels to make my mind up

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Extremely tempted with a set of HMB's, though only tried the 7 iron and a 5 iron, really want to try a 9 iron and see how that feels to make my mind up

I felt they got a bit chunky after the 6 iron, but depends what you are used to and what fits your eye. They were great to hit in the 4 and 5 iron.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I felt they got a bit chunky after the 6 iron, but depends what you are used to and what fits your eye. They were great to hit in the 4 and 5 iron.
at the moment i'm using Mp4 blades 3 pw, which i hit well, but fancied a bit more forgiveness and these didn't look that chunky TBH, which i couldn;t say about the JPX and the MC in the 18 and these. the pro i use in getting a set so going to borrow his for a round or two and see how they go on the course before purchase, though i am tempted to go and see Scott Gourley and try everything

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
at the moment i'm using Mp4 blades 3 pw, which i hit well, but fancied a bit more forgiveness and these didn't look that chunky TBH, which i couldn;t say about the JPX and the MC in the 18 and these. the pro i use in getting a set so going to borrow his for a round or two and see how they go on the course before purchase, though i am tempted to go and see Scott Gourley and try everything

It was Scott i saw last week.

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
tempted, two guys i know have been this year and both got the other guy, though i'm sure he's good too, i'd really want to see the top dog;)

Been to the other Scott (Fraser) for a driver fitting a few years ago and he was good too. I lucked out a bit getting Scott G, I think it was the result of a scheduling reshuffle. Great experience, would thoroughly recommend them.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I went for an iron fitting last week with the full intention of getting a blended set of MP20s. Without a doubt the best looking irons on the market and couldn't wait to hit them. Great feel off them and really liked the launch off the HMBs in the long irons.

I actually ended up with a blended set of Titleist 620 CBs and MBs with a U500 long iron. Nothing against the MP20s, the Titleist just fit my eye better behind the ball, with very little to split them when it came to performance.
I love the look of the new Titleist irons but I detest how they upload for “non standard” shafts.
A KBS C taper or $ Taper are upload shafts. It really irks me when Mizuno don’t charge for shaft changes.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting, I have never had titleist blades .. is there any difference?
Titleist blades tend to be a slightly smaller profile, mizuno's always have quite a high square toe and so look bigger at address and the pitching wedge usually looks horrendous. I nearly always play titleist irons mainly because it's what I like the feel/look of but performance wise theres nothing in it and you could take any mb iron from either manufacturer going back 15 years and you will struggle to notice much of s difference other than subtle changes in sole grind and look