MP Stabbed at Constituency

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What is wrong with some people, how can anyone be driven to carry out these attacks and have any kind of conscience. Truly awful.
It's probably terrorist related so the mindset will put their politics above human life or conscience.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's two tragic events in the last five years ago.
Time to look at security for MPs perhaps.
RIP, the man seemed like a fantastic public servant.

Just carrying out his job aswell. Sounded very well respected and cared for the local area

Disgusting events

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No surprise. Somali heritage, so either a racist murder or terrorism… No doubt we will be hearing he had mental issues.

RiP Sir David.

So, because the attacker is of Somali heritage, it's either a racist murder or terrorism? Wow.

It is a shocking event, but to automatically jump to those conclusions is pretty worrying.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
So, because the attacker is of Somali heritage, it's either a racist murder or terrorism? Wow.

It is a shocking event, but to automatically jump to those conclusions is pretty worrying.

Even though your post is only a few hours old it is ageing badly.

Last night when I posted I was aware of a few facts, Sir David a white Conservative MP who had very close ties to the Jewish community, he was a longtime member of the Conservatives Friends of Israel. He was stabbed to death by a British National of Somali origin. A British National is somebody with short term typically 6 months visa status.

So it was not much of a stretch to say racist or terrorist. Sorry if that offends but sometimes it’s best just to say it rather than tiptoe around.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Even though your post is only a few hours old it is ageing badly.

Last night when I posted I was aware of a few facts, Sir David a white Conservative MP who had very close ties to the Jewish community, he was a longtime member of the Conservatives Friends of Israel. He was stabbed to death by a British National of Somali origin. A British National is somebody with short term typically 6 months visa status.

So it was not much of a stretch to say racist or terrorist. Sorry if that offends but sometimes it’s best just to say it rather than tiptoe around.

Your original post said "Somali heritage, so either a racist murder or terrorism".

Me pulling you up for what is essentially a racist remark is still valid, regardless of the new evidence you have thrown in to try to justify your comment, or indeed, if it does turn out to a terrorist attack.

I know how these threads tend to go, so that's my last post on this one.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Your original post said "Somali heritage, so either a racist murder or terrorism".

Me pulling you up for what is essentially a racist remark is still valid, regardless of the new evidence you have thrown in to try to justify your comment, or indeed, if it does turn out to a terrorist attack.

I know how these threads tend to go, so that's my last post on this one.

Well done….Knew you would play it. ?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whether or not he was a good constituency MP I have no idea. I can accept that he was. But that he was a strong proponent of Catholic christianity is pretty well known. It sort of follows that he could well have been picked as the target of a fundamentalist zealot. (As opposed, say, to someone who was atheist or agnostic). And please, dont take that in any way as me disrespecting Mr Amess' beliefs, or condoning the action of the wrongdoer. He, and his action are abhorrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.