Motorbikes

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
A few years back a guy bought all of Honda's stock of spare parts for the 400F's. As well as supplying parts for those who have one, he built a number from his stock of parts. He was getting a very good price for them. They were great bikes without being tweaked, as long as you remembered to change the cam chain before 20k miles. And tweaked, wow!
That was quite likely David Silver! He has quite a collection of 400Fs!
I had one as my last bike (before marrying) back home (NZ). Wasn't particularly enamoured with it - a bit gutless, but better than (from reputation) the 350 Four, which was 'a dog'! Other than that, it was a pretty handy commuter - relatively nimble and cheap to maintain. Decidedly dodgy wet weather braking was my biggest criticism. Current Deauville 700 (ABS) is bulletproof in that regard, though getting my leg over is becoming a bit difficult (dodgy hip!), but then....

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I always fancied a single.pot chugger but never got.round to owning one.
I as seem to remember posting previously, Our late afternoon Maths lesson (mid 60s) was often disturbed by a 350 and a 500 single Velocette being started. Apparently great tourers, but seriously expensive these days! The water cooled 200 was much quieter, if nowhere near as nice to look at!

The Dog.

Visit site
I have a BMW R1250GS TE. I’ve had plenty of bikes but this is the best and I never thought I would sling my leg over one in my life, never mind say that it was the top bike I’d ever ridden!
So comfortable, loads of power, incredibly agile for its size and full of technology that is designed to keep you safe.
This is my second one of these with the new shift-cam engine as I traded in, in April. Absolutely brilliant bikes. The only downsides are the price, the weight when lugging it about off the stand and the reduction in nods from other bikers. ?
Other than that, amazing machine and anyone who slags them off (like I used to!) needs to ride one. There’s not many faster bikes down a B road. And I speak as someone who used to have a Fireblade!

Northern Monkey

Visit site
I’ve got a VFR 1200 and absolutely love it. Best bike I’ve ever ridden. Quite happy to potter around town at 30 or blast the twisties at silly speeds and is so comfy doing either. Yet to find anything that I prefer so planning on sticking with it

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi, I am not really into bikes but as I signed up for a CBT you are the right audience crossover of bikers and golfers.

Because of Corona I had to get my own gloves. Now the size that seems to fit me are XL. Yesterday I bought golf gloves in M.
Is that a reasonable size difference, or am I getting one of them substantially wrong?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Hi, I am not really into bikes but as I signed up for a CBT you are the right audience crossover of bikers and golfers.

Because of Corona I had to get my own gloves. Now the size that seems to fit me are XL. Yesterday I bought golf gloves in M.
Is that a reasonable size difference, or am I getting one of them substantially wrong?

My golf glove size is L (mainly Srixon, Mizuno or Titleist), my motorcycle glove size is XL (pretty much exclusively Furygan). I'm not entirely surprised that the motorcycle gloves come in larger, but I am a bit surprised by how much. When you say seems to fit, can you expand a bit?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I possibly would try a size larger to be sure but the would opt for a Xlarge anyway. The golf in M feels very tight but I know it stretches anyway.