Motocaddy

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I recently bought a Motocaddy s1 digital, and after a few days I noticed that the green power light had gone out when the trolley was in motion. After complaining to Motocaddy they sent me out a new LED circuit board which they said would fix the problem. After replacing the old circuit board the new one lasted 9 holes before the same problem arose. Now a little piffed off I rang motocaddy who said that they would collect the trolley from me and take it back to HQ to fix the problem themselves. When I recieved my so called fixed trolley back I saw much to my dissmay that they had NOT fixed the problem at all and the problem was woth the battery, however I have to batterys and the problem is the same with both. Should I get my money back or have them send out a brand new one? :D

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The problem I had with mine was that one of the DIN plugs underneath would come loose I notice with the newer ones there is a blob of mastik, to prevent the din plug coming loose, either over rough ground or when taking it out of the car. I remember pushing the damn thing all the way arround a 6,600yard course thinking the battery haddn't charged properly, only to discover coming up the 18th what was wrong. When I ferreted underneath I just pushed the DIN plug home & woosh..! it was away.

tbh if the thing is still in moton I wouldn't worry too much, led curcuits are renowned for giving duff readings on all types of appliences.

Talking of batteries, I must get an additional one so that I can get arround two rounds per day on my megga golf trip to Wales later in the year, when we will fit in just shy of half a dozen rounds in 3 days. The battery I have manages 27 holes, but only 36 holes with careful use

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
I must admit I would get my money back and then buy powakddy, I know you don't get as many fancy toys for your money but there better trolleys and their after sales care seems way better.
i've just bought the freeway, its a fine trolley.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quite happy with my S1, there are some nice toys on the S3 & probably better than the toys you get with a powercaddy twice the price.

I do like the look of the new S1 digital, with its improved system for securing the bag, not sure about the poncy pinky/red dial on the top though I can see that getting broken though if you're not careful. Will stick with mine for a while yet before upgrading to the new one, unless someone at work makes me an offer I can't refuse.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Powakaddy is the way forward for hassle free golf cart carrying. I have never herd of problems with motocaddy's but I know quite a few people who have swapped there s1's/ s3's for various powakaddy's purely because they felt they were missing out in the problem free use stakes. They were more than happy with the outcome.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Funny thing is I bought my Motorcaddy because of the problems I'd heard about with Powerkaddy & the reliability problems I'd heard of with them.

I looked at some other brands, but all looked too staid angular & took too long to put together

I'm Happy with my Motocaddy S1 thankyou very much & would recommend one to anyone.

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm going to defend motocaddy too.

I've got an S3 and its been great. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Someone mentioned about getting a new battery. If they haven't done so already you can get the same batteries from an electrical wholesaler for about 20% of the price that the cart manufacturers charge.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Someone mentioned about getting a new battery. If they haven't done so already you can get the same batteries from an electrical wholesaler for about 20% of the price that the cart manufacturers charge.

Yeah...! :eek: :D :D

That would be me, I'll have to have a look inside the zipped case to see what's in there. What about the connector ? as I'd like to be able to swap them round with Ease. I can always pop down as you say to an electrical retailer, but if you've got a handy link available, i'd be interested.

Cheers btw for the heads up on that.

T

thecraw

I had the same problem as you Cernunnos, I pushed my bloody trolley for 11 holes of a medal a few weeks back thinking my SI had packed in only to discover the plug underneath had came out.

I was furious at myself for not checking that at the time but I didnt even think, I assumed I had not charged the battery properly. Ok Ok, I actually blamed the wife who has a habbit of switching off things that "charge" when she goes to bed!!!!!!!!!!!

Never ever had a poblem in three years use of the S1 but have noticed that its slower then other newer models, especially going uphill.

I would buy another if push came to shove but would consider Hill Billy as a few of the guys at the club have them.