Motocaddy Service Disappointing

Johnmellor

Visit site
My S7 remote controller battery is defunct after about 50-60 rounds. It's just over 2 years old and out of warranty. Motocaddy seem to think it's acceptable to have to buy a new controller about £80, every two or three years; the battery appears not to be replaceable. This seems unacceptable to me, what do others think?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
My S7 remote controller battery is defunct after about 50-60 rounds. It's just over 2 years old and out of warranty. Motocaddy seem to think it's acceptable to have to buy a new controller about £80, every two or three years; the battery appears not to be replaceable. This seems unacceptable to me, what do others think?

Some manufacturers hard wire batteries onto boards - cost of manufacturing and a bigger controller. By no means the first time I've come across this.

What I've done in the past, although not with a Motocaddy, is split the case. Find out what the battery is and order one from RS Components. Then change it yourself.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have had my s7 for over 3 years and the battery is fine so far

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Also I have a spare s7 remote, it the old style a bit bigger and uses AAA batteries so just have to change batteries when they go flat. If you send me your address I can send it to you.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can you not just use it without the remote control?

For me, these have to be the most pointless item to ever get near a golf course - sorry.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can you not just use it without the remote control?

For me, these have to be the most pointless item to ever get near a golf course - sorry.

You can, but I have both a remote trolley and normal electric and the remote wins hands down

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site

Had a similar issue with a bag. Service was shocking and they weren’t interested in the slightest.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Its out of warranty.

Buy a new one.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
It's tricky but with many smartphones you can't change batteries like you used to, and they're a lot more expensive to replace.

Johnmellor

Visit site
Some manufacturers hard wire batteries onto boards - cost of manufacturing and a bigger controller. By no means the first time I've come across this.

What I've done in the past, although not with a Motocaddy, is split the case. Find out what the battery is and order one from RS Components. Then change it yourself.
Many thanks for that. Sounds easy why don't Motocaddy offer the service one wonders

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I accept it's out of warranty but for a Lithium battery to die after 2 years is a pretty poor show. What actually are the symptoms?
I'm amazed to find I can't find anything about replacing the battery yourself on t'interweb. Usually YouTube and Google is flooded with things like this.
And £80 for a replacement is, IMHO, taking the wee wee.

Johnmellor

Visit site
Blue charging light never goes out. Plugged into a usb connection it controls the trolley perfectly. I've assumed defective battery but could be electronics governing charging.