motocaddy lite cart

Shaunmg

Head Pro
Visit site
Can’t be bothered with motorised carts, but I took a shine to the Motocaddy lite cart, same as motorised version without the motor

Has anyone else had the same problem as I have? I think it is a design fault. The brake sticks on and won’t release via the foot peddle.

I bought one about 18 months ago after just one outing the fault developed during a wet and soggy game. The shop exchanged it without quibble. The same thing happened with the replacement after a couple of games. This time I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of taking it back and now I just persevere with it. I avoid using the brake, but when I do I have to take the wheel off during a game to push the brake rod back in.
I’ve had it to bits in my garage several times, and WD40’ed it to death.

Such a shame because otherwise it would be a great cart and my motocaddy pro bag is perfect with it.

Y’know I’m getting myself wound up now, does anyone know where Mr Motocaddy lives? I think I’ll write to him

Last edited:

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My Winter League partner has one and, from the way it keeps running off downhill or with a strong following wind, I don't think he knows it has a brake. ;)

Shaunmg

Head Pro
Visit site
i have one and get the same problem bit annoying at the time but i a minor hassle which is soon sorted???

Maybe he has earlier model, I think the first ones had no brake.

PBR;
It is a minor hassle, just one side sticks, I just take off quick release wheel and knock brake rod back in. But it should work properly, if its happened on two of mine and yours. There is an obvious design fault