Motocaddy Hot Mitts

M.Harmon

Visit site
Hi all

Does anyone use the Motocaddy Hot Mitts with the new range of Powakaddy FX or CT trolleys? Wondering if you power it using the USB in the trolley or use a power bank?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
No idea, but have always considered heated trolley gloves to be a useless idea when most of the golf courses in my area have trolley bans in place.

I think they run off the USB port, as that would make sense.

M.Harmon

Visit site
We are allowed to use trolleys as long as we put our winter wheels. I have the CT6 and contacted PowaKaddy to ask if they were releasing a mitt heated or not. They said they had no plans to and when I mentioned getting the Motocaddy hot mitts they warned me not to use it as it will damage the control board. If the USB can charge a phone it should run the mitts but I have been cautious and got a power bank to run mine. Curious if it would actually damage the trolley or they just did not want me buying Motocaddy... Just curious to see if anyone else uses them. My friend uses them on his M5 and swears by them even having people stick their hands in when he is taking shots.

Mandofred

Visit site
I play with a couple people who had them last winter. The 3 that I know of thought that they worked....but weren't very warm. One of them just said he wouldn't buy them again. They do run off certain powered trolleys....just need certain plugs to work. They do warm a little bit though according to those guys. I've stuck to the clicgear type mitts that attach to the trolley (not powered)....sometimes I toss a couple of those heat packets in and that worked pretty well. Tomorrow will be my first round carrying....It won't be that cold, but I plan on just putting a couple of those heat packs in my pockets so when walking down the hole I can have my hands in the pockets and on the heat.

roblad82

Visit site
I bought a pair last year and wouldn’t buy them again. Might be better with a power bank but I didn’t feel comfortable leaning over to put hands in them while attached to the trolley.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Is there really any major difference between hitting a shot and putting ordinary mittens back on and putting these hot mittens on? I have never had any issues keeping my hands warm with normal mittens as there isn't a massive time lapse between taking them off, playing and putting them back on. They sound a bit gimmicky

D

Deleted member 16999

Is there really any major difference between hitting a shot and putting ordinary mittens back on and putting these hot mittens on? I have never had any issues keeping my hands warm with normal mittens as there isn't a massive time lapse between taking them off, playing and putting them back on. They sound a bit gimmicky
They are a gimmick, a gimmick that works, the motocaddy ones fit on the handles of the trolley so you just slip your hands in and out, no more gimmicky though than the pocket warmers you can buy.

They keep the temperature constant for the whole round, no issues of them losing their heat etc.
Are they a neccessity? No, Are they useful? Yes.:)

Mandofred

Visit site
They are a gimmick, a gimmick that works, the motocaddy ones fit on the handles of the trolley so you just slip your hands in and out, no more gimmicky though than the pocket warmers you can buy.

They keep the temperature constant for the whole round, no issues of them losing their heat etc.
Are they a neccessity? No, Are they useful? Yes.:)
Yep.....this is kind of how I view them. From what I've heard....and read online.....they work, but pretty everybody wishes they were a good bit warmer. I already use the Clicgear trolley mittens which I love.....easy peasy. Once it gets down towards freezing though, that's what I have the hot-pockets for. Now.....if they would do something to boost the heat in the Motocaddy hot mitts....I'd be all over them in a heart beat.

Mandofred

Visit site
Winter mitts.....the kind that I see regularly on the golf course fairways....the ones that the golfers lose....a lot. All you have to do is think about it. I tried winter mitts.....just too much work to take on and off. The mitts that are attached to the trolley...you literally just hit the ball, put the club in the bag, jam your hands into the trolley mitt. Takes.....maybe a couple tenths of a second longer than just putting your hands on the trolley itself. I also am a bit of a wimp about cold hands.....if it is below about 14C I have gloves on both hands. Granted....I like gloves on both hands so.....

Always comes back to what some people are used to. Winter mitts (one on each hand) have been around a looooong time. These mitts that attach to the trolleys haven't been around all that long....and people aren't willing to give them a go....because....because....it's not the way they've always done it. Or....they are afraid they will look like "plonkers" and not "real" golfers (I refer back to "it's not the way we've always done it").

If they ever invent a Star Trek thin golf glove that just magically keeps your hands warm..... I'd pay a LOT of money for them.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Winter mitts.....the kind that I see regularly on the golf course fairways....the ones that the golfers lose....a lot. All you have to do is think about it. I tried winter mitts.....just too much work to take on and off. The mitts that are attached to the trolley...you literally just hit the ball, put the club in the bag, jam your hands into the trolley mitt. Takes.....maybe a couple tenths of a second longer than just putting your hands on the trolley itself. I also am a bit of a wimp about cold hands.....if it is below about 14C I have gloves on both hands. Granted....I like gloves on both hands so.....

Always comes back to what some people are used to. Winter mitts (one on each hand) have been around a looooong time. These mitts that attach to the trolleys haven't been around all that long....and people aren't willing to give them a go....because....because....it's not the way they've always done it. Or....they are afraid they will look like "plonkers" and not "real" golfers (I refer back to "it's not the way we've always done it").

If they ever invent a Star Trek thin golf glove that just magically keeps your hands warm..... I'd pay a LOT of money for them.

14°c and gloves ? ? ?

Mandofred

Visit site
14°c and gloves ? ? ?
Yep. Combination of liking warm hands and liking a glove on each hand. If it is 10C or less, that trolley mitten is ON. I'm still amazed that it makes as much difference as it does....it doesn't seem like it should.....and for £15?....what a deal. Carrying for the first time tomorrow, already wondering if I will have the hot pockets in my...uh....pockets.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had heated mitts and jacket for the motorbike, and they worked quite nicely. But then, I was travelling around town at a decent lick. Not likely to be going round the golf course at 50mph, so hands in pockets will do me fine. Am fortunate to never have had any bother as regards cold hands.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the mottocaddy ones plug into the usb port in the handle of my m1 trolley they are ok but not as warm as I expected, but a real draw back that I noticed is my battery drains quite quickly on the trolley when i use them but they are left pluged in the whole round

M.Harmon

Visit site
Wow lots of replies. I had to abandon a game because I could not feel my hands so hopefully these will do the trick. I know they have 3 heat settings so will try it on max and hopefully they do the trick. I used to have a Clicgear with the mitt and while it was OK it wasn't the best, but I never tried the chemical heaters in them. In regards to regular mitts I do have a pair in my stand bag for when I carry but they are a ball ache to use. Don't care if I look daft as long as my hands are warm, cannot stand cold hands.