Motocaddy Hot Mitts

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
There ok as a normal mitts and you can fit your hand in with a glove on no problem, I think the power bank would be better so you could leave your trolley and still be heated, , iv bought the under armour cold gear gloves and they are great, just like a thicker golf glove thats waterproof

M.Harmon

Visit site
There ok as a normal mitts and you can fit your hand in with a glove on no problem, I think the power bank would be better so you could leave your trolley and still be heated, , iv bought the under armour cold gear gloves and they are great, just like a thicker golf glove thats waterproof
I wear a pair of Footjoy rain gloves atm because I can get my hands in my pockets without turning them inside out when I take my hands out again. I picked up a 20,000mah power bank from Argos last night to power the mitts which should keep them pumping out heat all round and then some. I did look in the Powakaddy manual and it said the USB output is 5V/0.5A. Motocaddy just say the M5 output is similar to a computers USB which is 5V/0.5A as well. Have to see what the mitt draw is when I get them. I just like buying gear....

RedKing

Visit site
DO NOT PLUG THESE INTO A POWAKADDY!!!!
It will fry your trolley! £300 to repair it. Powakaddy are having issues with people putting the MOTOCADDY mitts into POWAKADDY trolleys.

M.Harmon

Visit site
DO NOT PLUG THESE INTO A POWAKADDY!!!!
It will fry your trolley! £300 to repair it. Powakaddy are having issues with people putting the MOTOCADDY mitts into POWAKADDY trolleys.
Did you fry your trolley? I am using an Energizer power bank myself I just wanted to know if anyone else used them with their PowaKaddy without issue. I hope the mitts say what the current draw is just to settle my curiosity.

M.Harmon

Visit site
Well I got the hot mitts and while they are not as hot as I expected they are still nice and warm and on cold days will help thaw my hands. I took a photo of the label inside the mitts and this is why a PowaKaddy will fry... The mitts draw more than what the trolley can put out so will overheat/fry it. Thought this would be useful for anyone else wanting to know in the future since I could not find the mitts rating on the internet. Knowing the rating of the gloves will help in choosing the correct power bank too.

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

M.Harmon

Visit site
Powakaddys latest brochure lists hot mitts as an accessory but they’re not on the website

interesting, don't suppose you have a photo of the brochure page?

Just to add that I returned the Motocaddy hot mitts and used my Clicgear mitt simply because they did not have a thumb to wrap my hands around the trolley handle, instead your thumbs sit on top of the handle which I did not like. I hope the PowaKaddy mitts have thumbs like the Clicgear as well as the thumb holes to access the controls. Also because the Moto's were so light and did not have thumbs I found it a pain to get my hands in unlike the Clicgear which are made out of a stiffer fabric which makes sliding my hands in easy.

GG4242

Visit site
Powakaddy have recently listed electrically heated “Thermamitts”on their website. There are both heated and non heated options.