Motocaddy battery question - Charging???

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've managed to borrow a motocaddy for a few rounds to see how i get on with it - and to save my bad back until it gets fully recovered...

When charging, if you then take the wall plug out of the socket, but leave the charging connectors attached to the battery, does the battery then drain?

I had the misfortune of turning up to the medal yesterday and having to push my borrowed powacaddy round the whole course! Wasn't much fun and probably did more damage to my back than taking my normal carry bag would have done.

cm_qs

Head Pro
Visit site
According to the instructions that came with my Motocaddy, this is exactly what happens. If you leave the charger connected to the battery but with no power input then the battery discharges.
I leave mine switched on all the time as per the manufacturers recommendation

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Next time my wife says she's going to unplug the battery from the wall (she says it's a fire risk!!!) i'll make sure and tell her to disconnect the charger from the battery...

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
looks like the battery is goosed... it lasted for 5 holes last night! It was worse for my back than carrying would have been!

Never borrowing that trolley again.

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've already made my mind up to get a Gokart when funds allow - could be a while!

I'll also be entering their US PGA comp as well.