Most overrated golf hole?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played it and certainly wouldn't get excited about it. Played better at Sheringham. A lot better looking and playing holes at Palmares.

Wolf

Visit site
The 17th at the Oxfordshire, had wanted to play if for years after watching it on TV in the 90s at the B&H, got to play it and was massively underwhelmed.

The second fairway up toward the green is rendundent and all. You have to do is hit 3 average shots up the right half of the normal fairway and it's a really simple Par 5.

Homer

Visit site
The 17th at the Oxfordshire, had wanted to play if for years after watching it on TV in the 90s at the B&H, got to play it and was massively underwhelmed.

The second fairway up toward the green is rendundent and all. You have to do is hit 3 average shots up the right half of the normal fairway and it's a really simple Par 5.

Great hole - for less short hitters obviously!

D

Deleted member 17920

The Gambler at Kings North in Myrtle beach.

Ariel pics looked amazing couldn’t wait to get to the hole as it’s a par 5 with an island fairway then you have a blast in two.

Got to the tee and it just looked so disappointing, still went for the island fairway and made it but didn’t get on it two 🤣

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great hole - for less short hitters obviously!
I agree I think it’s a great hole. That second fairway isn’t redundant at all. It can make the 3rd shot a lot easier.

That hole was clearly designed for the risk and reward reason. If someone decides to not take the the risk then most holes like that are a bit boring - like the 10th @ the belfry

Homer

Visit site
I agree I think it’s a great hole. That second fairway isn’t redundant at all. It can make the 3rd shot a lot easier.

That hole was clearly designed for the risk and reward reason. If someone decides to not take the the risk then most holes like that are a bit boring - like the 10th @ the belfry

Shame at TOX that the wind plays such a major factor for an inland course

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Bit disappointed by the 10th at the Brabazon. Even off the yellows at around 250-260 it is out of my range even with a Sunday best so I'm left with a mid iron lay up and short club in. Takes away any mystique as a player although I can appreciate the drama the pros have served up over the years