Most Forgiving Driver ?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The other thing you will find is that golf isn't just about distance. The dispersion from a 14 degree driver will be much tighter than from a 9.5 say (unless you have a consistent swing, like a better golfer). The more lofted face will be easier to hit straight.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think 14.5 is way to much especially when a standard 3 wood starts at 15 degrees. To get any discernible distance between the 3 wood and driver I'd go no higher than 12 degrees which in my opinion will give you plenty enough launch angle. Have a play around with different makes. If it helps the K15 in a regular 10.5 loft was as easy a driver to hit as I've come across.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have to disagree Smiffy. It looks huge behind the ball and is light and so sweet to hit. I fell in love with the I15 driver though but the K15 is definitely worth looking at for anyone struggling with their drives. It reminded me of the original Big Bertha in the way it was so easy to hit well and just a shame it was so noisy like the old Sumo

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would suggest a

5 iron.

Once yu master the timing of that, then you move to a 3 wood and then a driver.

Reminds of a time a mate and I were trying drivers at American Golf in Kettering on a launch monitor. My mate was hacking them all over the shop but after hitting several drivers he asked the assistant what he would recommend. 'A 3 wood was the reply'.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have to disagree Smiffy. It looks huge behind the ball and is light and so sweet to hit.

One mans meat and all that Martin
;)

Not a problem. I was actually quite surprised. The irons are awful and real beginner jobbies but the driver is a dream. Way too much spin and launch angle for me but very easy to hit and for anyone struggling would be an ideal go to model

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Homer. Are you on commission from Ping?

You only needed to post once that you loved the flipping club (although not suited to you)- NOT 5 or 6 TIMES ffs.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

mansell

Head Pro
Visit site
Homer. Are you on commission from Ping?

You only needed to post once that you loved the flipping club (although not suited to you)- NOT 5 or 6 TIMES ffs.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

One of the most helpful member(Homer) on the forum

Unlike you :mad: forever moaning about something :(

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
In many fields where information is imparted (news, training, etc) 3 is the maximum.

Tell them what it is they will be told.

Tell them.

Tell them what they have been told.

If you try to tell them again after that you run the risk of pi33ing them off .....

I am happy to read anyone's comments about almost any subject and agree that HJS is always helpful and willing to share his thoughts, and I also accept the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if it seems to you that I am always moaning ( :D) so be it.

Oops.. Running late. On the 1st in 40 mins. :) :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
In many fields where information is imparted (news, training, etc) 3 is the maximum.

Tell them.

If you try to tell them again after that you run the risk of pi33ing them off .....

I am happy to read anyone's comments about almost any subject and agree that HJS is always helpful and willing to share his thoughts, and I also accept the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if it seems to you that I am always moaning ( :D) so be it.

Bugger off you moaning old git.
I expect you'll be moaning later that you only scored 35 points with 4 blobs
:D :D :D :D :D :D ;)

mansell

Head Pro
Visit site

Tell them.

Do you actually do any work :(

enjoy the game ;)