More slow play comments from Koepka

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
TV companies don't worry about the pace of play. Their motivation is viewing numbers and that drives advertiser's revenue. Once they have incurred the cost of setting up on site the length of time they are there doesn't have a huge impact.

Player's sponsors worry about exposure and onscreen time so you could argue that slow play gives more exposure.

The only people concerned is a few professionals who prefer to play quickly, casual golfers held up and the odd viewer who gets a bit bored.

I dont see a real pressure to change the behaviour on Tour.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If the tour players want to take 5-6 hrs for a round that's fine, they're playing for high stakes.
But if the tv companies show the players faffing around then your average golfer will copy them.

If the directors cut to the player just as he/she is about to play, amateurs might learn to play quickly again.
They could have an instruction spot on the show and record some shots from the course without showing all the boring bits

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
tbh, I very rarely watch golf live anymore. I just record it and skip through. So slow play when i'm watching doesn't bother me.

I think as Bob says biggest issue is people watching pro's play slow and then doing the same themselves.