Moor Allerton - a bargain or what?

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
At the third attempt Tashyboy & I managed to have our long awaited game at Moor Allerton. After driving through some of the most torrential rain I've ever seen & two floods I was fully expecting the course to be closed. But no, when we arrived it had stopped about ½ an hour before & the course was incredibly dry. We played 18 of the 27 holes available, the "Blackmoor", which was recommended to us as the best two nines, although the course was so quiet that we could have started at 1 10 or 19.

The condition of the course was superb, greens fast & true, despite the deluge & the layout is really attractive, hilly enough to make it interesting but not so much that it's hard to walk. And our round cost £20! £20, an absolute steal which must be among the best deals around anywhere.

Lovely clubhouse, nice sausage bap before going out & a cool drink on the patio to follow. A really enjoyable day.

The photo below is me, Tashy & Tashy's mate Melly. Apologies for it looking like we weren't speaking to Melly, the photo is a composite I had to put together in the absence of a selfie stick or someone to take the picture.

I would recommend the course to anyone. Can't wait to go back.
MA.jpg

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Driving up the M1 it was proper biblical. Thunder and lightning the lot. we pulled into the carpark about 15 seconds after Bill.
Bill set off like an house on fire splitting every fairway. My highlight Was parring the SI 1 par five for four points. After the front nine I had 16 points, Bill 17 and Melly 14. On the back nine 19-27th I set off on fire and had 17 points after 7 holes. On the Last hole I played my gamesmanship card and told Bill that me and him were sat on 33 points and I had two shots on the last. He promptly smashed it 220 yards again. We both knicked a point and the honours shared.
It was an absolute stonking course for £20. The place just oozed quality.

Golf monthly really should do a piece on sub £25 course coz moor allerton would be near the top.
Loved every minute of it and al let Bill give his version of events when he nearly wiped out grumpy grandma and grandson. 😂
Cheers to all at Moor allerton for a fantastic day.