Moderators

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agreed GB72. Not been on the forum a lot lately but it seems to have been temporarily nobbled by a few idiots who are just out to butt in on other peoples friendly conversation. Manners and courtesy will prevail in the long term. It always does.

blindpete

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I may not be the most prolific poster, I read most threads and comment if I feel I need to, but this Forum is rapidly heading downhill. It will be a shame if a few silly individuals drive away the genuine golfers from, what has been, a good Forum. I keep my fingers crossed.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I can't believe the way that this is turning out. I just hope that these, and more have turned up, idiots get bored and disappear.
This evenings outburst is why I'm so concerned about my son going to school and hanging around with this type of individual or individuals. I just hope that we can instill some common sense of decency and the difference between right and wrong in him before he starts school.

GM, I'm aware that it's a nasty problem to solve, and I hope that some have volunteered to be moderators. I would step up, but being fairly new round here I don't think it would be appreciated.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree, we desperatly need mods, with full powers. Deleted, editing, moving posts. Warning, suspending and banning users!

Can i propsose that untill this is sorted, NOBODY replies to any obsceane posts. Hopefully, Benny and his alterego will get bored and dissapear.

Lets not let the forum go down the pan because some saddo cant find a friend to bug in the real world!

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Thinking about it, I would probably volunteer (well for a free golf club or something!!), to be a moderator, I don't know what's really involved, however I would suggest that the moderators, and there should be quite a few, should be able to suspend posts, (for reviewing by GM or head moderator) and blocking users from posting new topics, again to be reviewed by GM etc. Moderators can themselves get out of hand, and therefore there should be a way of curtaiuling or withdrawing an over eager moderator by the GM team.

On that basis I would consider it. I can't dedicate a lot of time to it, due to work and a young son, but are on here a few nights a week whilst the Mrs is watching the soaps.

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
i have been away for a while but on my return i have been quite dismayed at the offensive material that has started to appear. i assumed (wrongly) that this site was moderated but i was wondering if we have the ability to remove offensive posts from our own pc's ?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have moderated a few other forums and basically, (depending on each forum) Mods usually have the power to

Edit, Move or delete posts.
Warn, Suspend or Ban members.

I have voluntered to mod as i am on here most.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Haplesshacker

I wouldn't worry too much about the length of time you have been here being an issue. You are polite and considered in your responses even when you don't always agree and with 200+ posts you have more than earned your stripes.

If you think you can help I'd be happy for you to monitor my posts

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must admit anyone that is not one of these brainless prats is fine by me. Something does need to be done urgently though, when I joined the forum it was pleasant, friendly and enjoyable and it still is on the whole however these prats have come from nowhere and started spoiling it for everyone, due to their idiocies detracting from the most important subject: the golf. All I will say is that any long term and valued users considering leaving don't bother as I am sure things will sort themselves out. And GM please get involved, after all it's not just the signed up users reading this forum and some of the illicit comments posted could easily reflect negatively on the magazine itself and prevent people from purchasing it in future or even lodging formal complaints about material that is on your website. Heres hoping to a quick fix, that is a long term solution.