Mizuno pairs

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Evening all,

Has anyone played in any of these as I’ve just seen a post and the days look like good value so I’m keen to have a bash

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I know people who have and enjoyed it.
Just don't expect to win cos the pot hunters will be out in force!

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes, played West Hills and Hankley Common so courses were great as was the weather. Good price, very well run I thought with greeting, marshalls who checked on us due to a slightly slow fourball in front, hole in one prizes etc. We played early morning and pace was fine but not sure if it continues in the afternoon.

They do check handicaps when you register and I believe from a past winner they call your club to check nothing untoward. You also need to have played 6 competitions (e.g. at home club) within the last 12 months so I've no reason to expect people are dodge who are playing. They also split our group up on second day to be playing with others so I don't think they allow a load registering together to play all by themselves. Mix isn't it that sometimes you want to do a trip with friends, but appreciate why they'd do it.

I'd probably say club open competitions tend to be better value if you can find them at the right course as you also tend to get lunch, but Mizuno pairs was still good so worth doing.