Mizuno MP Fli Hi

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes & Yes

Happy to help :D

Seriously though, I have a 2 iron that I use from the tee when Im not too confident with the driver, and also use it for approaches to long par 5's. They have bigger faces than average long irons therefore giving a bit more confidence and forgiveness. If finances werent tight at the min then I would probably add a 3 iron to my bag also

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yes & Yes

Happy to help :D

Seriously though, I have a 2 iron that I use from the tee when Im not too confident with the driver, and also use it for approaches to long par 5's. They have bigger faces than average long irons therefore giving a bit more confidence and forgiveness. If finances werent tight at the min then I would probably add a 3 iron to my bag also

Thanks John.

That's what I'm thinking of doing. I'm thinking of off-loading my 3 and 5 Superfast woods and investing in Mizzy 2 and 3 Fli Hi.

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Im not too sure about replacing your 3 wood with a 2 iron, as there would be a loss of distance here - just depends if you would be happy with the gap between your driver and 2 iron.

Theres currently a Fli Hi 3 iron in the For Sale section at a very reasonable price - was tempted myself bout thought that I had better buy kids summat for Xmas first

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking of doing. I'm thinking of off-loading my 3 and 5 Superfast woods and investing in Mizzy 2 and 3 Fli Hi.

I would rather keep the 3 and 5 wood, get a 3 hybrid and ditch the 60 LW. Just my opinion

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Im not too sure about replacing your 3 wood with a 2 iron, as there would be a loss of distance here - just depends if you would be happy with the gap between your driver and 2 iron.

Theres currently a Fli Hi 3 iron in the For Sale section at a very reasonable price - was tempted myself bout thought that I had better buy kids summat for Xmas first

Not too concerned about the distance side John.

Our course isn't the biggest, but is very, very tight. Even on some of the long par 4's the priority is position over distance so it's a long iron off most of them.

To be honest, I can't remember the last time I hit either my 3 or 5 woods and I feel, around my home course, I would benefit more from these options off the tee than carrying 2 clubs I don't hit.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Gareth, not tried the Mizunos so can't comment on those, but it might also be worth experimenting with the 5-wood off the tee as well. I used to love hitting my 5 wood off the tee .... decent carry and a nice high ball flight to get it landing softly in position, which could be good for a tight course where run can get you in trouble?

That said, only you know if you've well and truly fallen out of love with the TM woods, so I'll mind my own.. ;)

A

Alex1975

I use a 24* MP Fli Hi but am going to sell it and get one of(or maybe a couple) the MX Fli Hi as I really want that hybrid feel. I can say though the MP is a lot easier to hit than the 4 iron in my set.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So Jason Dransfield needs to make a par on 18 to make it to the next stage of European Tour Q-School. What does he pull from his bag on the tee? :D ;)

"I walked to the last needing par to make it. So I went with 5 wood to take all trouble out of play and hit it awesome down the left side"

Just sayin' :p

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've got the Fli-Hi 24 degree and it's a solid, easy club to hit.
Sort of thinking of maybe trying to get the 2 iron to match but ...

A good club.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I had a 2 and 3, but I've taken them out the bag now.

Great when you hit them well. Higher and longer than the equivalent 'normal' iron, but I didn't hit them well any more often than my normal 3 iron.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i have a 21 degree stiff fli hi if your interested.

thought it was a good idea as i like my longer irons,

it probably gave the lowest ball flight of any club in my bag, no more carry than a 3 iron but more roll,
a club you would want for accuracy of the tee rather than long shots into a green, its pretty impossible to land softly

i'd rather have a rescue 21 degree in my bag personally

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I had a 2 and 3, but I've taken them out the bag now.

Great when you hit them well. Higher and longer than the equivalent 'normal' iron, but I didn't hit them well any more often than my normal 3 iron.

This is one thing I didn't ask R3 and should have.

I was wondering how people found them distance wise.

With them being marketed as a "Direct Long Iron Replacement", do people find the distance comparable to a long iron or a little longer like a hybrid?

I think you may have answered it though.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is one thing I didn't ask R3 and should have.

I was wondering how people found them distance wise.

With them being marketed as a "Direct Long Iron Replacement", do people find the distance comparable to a long iron or a little longer like a hybrid?

I think you may have answered it though.

When hit well, I'd say I got 5-10 yards more than with my 'normal' iron equivalent, and also a much higher flight.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'll concur with that.
My 24 degree Fli-Hi 4 iron is my 190-200 yard club.
Not that I'm hitting it that well at the moment - but it'll come back.