Mitsubishi Rayon Javln fx m7 - Any info please

A

Alex1975

Hi, does anyone know anything about the Mitsubishi Rayon Javln fx m7. I have not come across it before. I would love to know the kick, weight and how it plays please, ie does it play stiffer than some, would a regular feel stiffish. Or really any info.

Thank you.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I remember hitting one of these quite a while back.

Mid/Mid-High just about everything! Launch; Spin; Kick; Torque. Seemed a bit stiff to flex, though there are worse (eg. NV Protopype). M7 - 70 gms (about). I think the Hybrid shaft was deemed to be more 'special' than Driver/Fairway.

Seems to be a bit Love/Hate with the kick profile. Wasn't to my taste, though I'd been used to Matrix 'hinge' for quite a while.

Last edited:
A

Alex1975

It came up on a 3 wood head I am considering but it does not sound like my cup of team. As it happens it is a regular, so a regular that plays like a stiff might be fine but still, not looking for a low kick shaft.

Thanks all

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
It came up on a 3 wood head I am considering but it does not sound like my cup of team. As it happens it is a regular, so a regular that plays like a stiff might be fine but still, not looking for a low kick shaft.

Thanks all

Er Mid/High - as I posted..

Shaft Flex Length Weight Tip OD Tip Lengh Butt OD Torque Kick Point
Javln FX M7 R 46 69 .335 4 .600 3.9 Mid/high

A

Alex1975

Er Mid/High - as I posted..

Shaft Flex Length Weight Tip OD Tip Lengh Butt OD Torque Kick Point
Javln FX M7 R 46 69 .335 4 .600 3.9 Mid/high

Ye thanks. Low kick point = high flight, or mid/high in this case, so lowish kick.

A

Alex1975

Sorry Fox, you were talking about the kick maybe not the flight.

Thanks Steve, it was on a Ping G20 3 wood and being as it was a friendly head I thought it maybe a friendly shaft (though kinda doubted it). I shall be giving it a miss.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry Fox, you were talking about the kick maybe not the flight.

Thanks Steve, it was on a Ping G20 3 wood and being as it was a friendly head I thought it maybe a friendly shaft (though kinda doubted it). I shall be giving it a miss.

Nope. I was talking BOTH - though admittedly that's unusual. There's more to a shaft profile, these days, than just kick point. 'Tip' and other attributes certainly have a bearing on flight.

As I said, it seems more love or hate than most shafts. It may be a shaft that really suits a particular swing type and doesn't suit others! So worth trying first rather than just taking a punt - and that price seems 'full'.

A

Alex1975

Nope. I was talking BOTH - though admittedly that's unusual. There's more to a shaft profile, these days, than just kick point. 'Tip' and other attributes certainly have a bearing on flight.

As I said, it seems more love or hate than most shafts. It may be a shaft that really suits a particular swing type and doesn't suit others! So worth trying first rather than just taking a punt - and that price seems 'full'.

I am thinking its for a strong player with a quick temp but ye its not one to take a punk on and it was £22 when I first saw it, thought it may fly under the radar.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Javln is a good shaft in the mid launch - low spin lightweight class. I have heard that it is like a cross between a Blueboard (Kaili) and a Fubuki, so a smooth but stable shaft.

A

Alex1975

Javln is a good shaft in the mid launch - low spin lightweight class. I have heard that it is like a cross between a Blueboard (Kaili) and a Fubuki, so a smooth but stable shaft.

Hmm ok, that sounds pretty friendly. Fundy said he tried it in his driver fitting last year or the year before and it was beyond dead, felt like it had a damper in the grip DEAD!!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Personally I wouldnt liken it to the Fubuki. I use a Fubuki S 74 in my 5w and the Javelin 3w I tried was much more stiff. I hit the Fubuki well, I couldnt hit the Javelin for love nor money.