Mini driver, larger head 3 wood.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fancy trying one of these over the winter months, mainly off the tee.

Any suggestions for one's to look out for ?

From my limited search only seems callaway and Gatorade sold thesr.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are quiet a few HL 3 woods out there; but they aren't necessarily the same as Mini drivers.
Part of the issue is in the necessary compromises - a club with a large forgiving face is optimum from the tee; shallow face generally the best for playing from the fairway.
My SLDR mini remains in the bag, and is fantastic from the tee for me...however, despite 16 degrees of loft it's a dog from the fairway - Just about an option from good first cut lies. This lack of duality isn't an issue for me but many I've spoken to don't like it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The TaylorMade Aeroburner mini driver is meant to be decent. I've never hit one personally though. Just going by reviews I saw.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
While mini drivers were all the rage about three to four years back, they seem to have gone slightly out of fashion already. Maybe you can pick up a used one or a demo club or something like that for relatively cheap.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've used the Big Bertha version and, in all honesty, I didn't get any more out of it than my normal 3 wood.
Not particularly longer off the tee and virtually impossible to use off the deck....

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I had both the Callaway Mini and the TM Aeroburner Mini and I struggled with the former. Much better looking that the TM but found it much harder to hit. The TM didn’t suit my eye but couldn’t argue with the results, a fairway finder.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a sldr mini for a while and it was great off the tee. Couldn’t use it for toffee off the deck....
Worth a bash and you can pick them up pretty cheap now...

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most recent 3 woods dial down to 13.5 degree, mini-driver loft.

Hence not marketed separately.

Have look on somewhere like clubhouse golf @ loft configs.

Thinking about it, Ping did a 'stretch' of recent vintage, g400 / g30 maybe.