Miles' Golf Swing - 240fps. Need advice/tip's.

Mozza73

Assistant Pro
Visit site
very nice indeed, I'd personally want an earlier wrist cock and shorter backswing but that would be just me - still a lovely looking swing.

Just out of interest where do you get to hit balls off grass ?

Last edited:

Miles

Medal Winner
Visit site
very nice indeed, I'd personally want an earlier wrist cock and shorter backswing.

Just out of interest where do you get to hit balls off grass ?

Thank you! My course has a grass section on the range, I HATE matts! (Minchinhampton Golf Course BTW)

scratch

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi Scratch, thanks for your reply. I'm afraid your not going to like this but I've been actively trying to increase the movement of my head, especially on the downswing. All the great ballstrikers of old and present lower their heads on the downswing. Rory, Tiger, DJ, Gmac, Mahan etc.......the list is endless. I believe it's one of the biggest discrepancies of modern golf instruction as even when the announcer states that the player is keeping their head still they clearly aren't. Rory is a great example of this;

I understand what you are saying but you have a lot of upward head movement on the backswing which is pulling you out of position. A SMALL drop down into the ball on the downswing is fine to aid compressing the ball but careful you don't overdo it as you'll end up chunking into the ground behind the ball.

Keep the head steady on the backswing then you can drop into the shot on the downswing :thup:

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
Nice swing and I also think you should go out and play golf... when's the last time you used your putter?

But really I just wanted to say I feel very sorry for the ligaments of your left ankle !

Miles

Medal Winner
Visit site
Nice swing and I also think you should go out and play golf... when's the last time you used your putter?

But really I just wanted to say I feel very sorry for the ligaments of your left ankle !

Lol, your right I really need to learn a shuffle/foot slide like Sadlowski or I'm gonna do some damage to it. I do practice on the chipping and putting green, just rarely have enough daylight to complete more than 6 holes on the actual course. ;)

[video=youtube;vVbDVcUq9lc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVbDVcUq9lc&list=PLkWMaWFOmJ5TZ8lBhy2fiOjkQvR21mq36[/video]

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Miles, you can't just nit-pik pieces off other people's swings - the moves they do are a result of something else that they've done, a chain of events if you will. You can't have someone else's position thru the ball if it doesn't fit with what you were doing on the way back (if that makes sense). Find your own swing - maybe one day people will want YOUR moves :p

I just noticed that what I posted yesterday (about your left shoulder forcing your head up and back) is EXACTLY the same thing I posted last year!

:mmm::mmm::mmm:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Miles.

As Bob said , 'Just go out and play golf' The swing you have now should take you a long way and you now need to get out on the course and enjoy the game.