Mid round snacks

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never understood why people think Nutts is a good energy food. They are almost all fat and protein. Both of these are not good for energy. Plus nuts are one of the slowest and hardest to digest foods!!!! Just eat a meal before your round and forget about the mid round meal. If you can't then I'd go with a flapjack bar. I use "cnp pro flapjacks". Not just for golf

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I try to avoid the sausage rolls at the 1/2 way hut - they're delicious but not too good for your waistline (very occassionally I do.) I am a big fan of MyProtein cookies or Grenade Carb Killa bars. I'll also have two boiled eggs or a handful of almonds.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've never understood why people think Nutts is a good energy food. They are almost all fat and protein. Both of these are not good for energy. Plus nuts are one of the slowest and hardest to digest foods!!!! Just eat a meal before your round and forget about the mid round meal. If you can't then I'd go with a flapjack bar. I use "cnp pro flapjacks". Not just for golf

You do know that fats are a huge energy source right? And the slow release is perfect for long energy requirements, the digestion of the protein helps you fill sated for longer. There's also not a bad amount of carbs either.

100g Almonds give 579 calories and:
  • protein: 21.15 g.
  • fat: 49.93 g.
  • carbohydrate: 21.55 g.
  • fiber: 12.50 g.
  • sugar: 4.35 g.
Seems for energy this is a good food. Been eating nuts for ages and I can still do a 25metre rope climb with full kit on, Run to 15.4 on the bleep test at 42. Plus for gut health the fiber boost is good.
579 calories is a big energy food especially when you consider that the CNP Pro Flapjack has around 350 calories.
If you go for nuts, just don't go for the chocolate coated or the salted versions.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Am i in the minority then, as I very rarely take anything to eat during a round. I normally play in the morning and have cereal for breakfast. Never feel hungry.

My playing partners sometimes have a banana or a sandwich, but just wondered if most people eat during a round.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Am i in the minority then, as I very rarely take anything to eat during a round. I normally play in the morning and have cereal for breakfast. Never feel hungry.

My playing partners sometimes have a banana or a sandwich, but just wondered if most people eat during a round.
I just take a flask of orange squash...rarely, if ever, take supplies unless I'm not able to eat beforehand

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I don't usually eat or drink during a round unless it's very hot, don't see the need.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
You do know that fats are a huge energy source right? And the slow release is perfect for long energy requirements, the digestion of the protein helps you fill sated for longer. There's also not a bad amount of carbs either.

100g Almonds give 579 calories and:
  • protein: 21.15 g.
  • fat: 49.93 g.
  • carbohydrate: 21.55 g.
  • fiber: 12.50 g.
  • sugar: 4.35 g.
Seems for energy this is a good food. Been eating nuts for ages and I can still do a 25metre rope climb with full kit on, Run to 15.4 on the bleep test at 42. Plus for gut health the fiber boost is good.
579 calories is a big energy food especially when you consider that the CNP Pro Flapjack has around 350 calories.
If you go for nuts, just don't go for the chocolate coated or the salted versions.
Yes fat is a huge energy source. However, you're long off the golf course before the fat even gets close to being used for energy. The carbs in almonds are what does the business not the fat.
Remember your playing golf not doing a marathon so you're not looking for a huge energy source. Nuts are too calorie dense for such a small amount of bulk

Well done on your fitness but it ent the nuts mate

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yes fat is a huge energy source. However, you're long off the golf course before the fat even gets close to being used for energy. The carbs in almonds are what does the business not the fat.
Remember your playing golf not doing a marathon so you're not looking for a huge energy source. Nuts are too calorie dense for such a small amount of bulk

Well done on your fitness but it ent the nuts mate

Run on the golf course in-between shots, do push ups whilst your waiting for your turn :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

Nope - I eat breakfast or something before hand and have some fluid with me , eat after I have finished

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I have three Weetabix for breakfast normally, and I am absolutely starving by the 10th hole. Eat my protein bar, then after 18 holes I'm often hungry again and have to buy some nuts at the bar with my pint.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A lot of people mistake hunger for thirst, maybe drinking a bit more will stop you feeling hungry. That said, I love a Belvita breakfast bar, the ones that are like a big custard cream. Mainly eat through habit, not because I am particularly hungry

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Normally fill up a bottle of water before going out.
Very rarely eat anything, but then I tend to play in the afternoon or evening and rarely take longer than 3.5 hours to get round.
It's only walking, and quite a lot of standing about.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I tended not to eat or drink anything for much of the time. But found I was losing energy towards the end if the round. I'm trying to drink more and take a snack about the 10th of a nut energy bar. I do take apples when they are in season and the odd banana. I tend to play around 9 ish most times, so have eaten an hour or so before

Last edited: