Mickelson is toast

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was delighted to see that Phil Mickelson choked again last night. I think that's a clear sign that visions of Winged Foot are still haunting him. Long may the demons continue to lurk in the back of his mind!

I wouldn't be surprised if he never won another Major and I wouldn't be disappointed either. He looks like a complete goon, smiling all the time especially at the Ryder Cup while different European players were taking it in turn to give him a good hiding.

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Strong views chipin1. I have to say I'd rather see fat Phil winning majors than some of the other faceless Americans. At least he has got genuine talent and he's entertaining to watch because his game is so unpredictable. I'd rather see him getting up and down from ludicrous positions than Todd Hamilton winning the Open using just his rescue club.

golfdonkey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think it's a little premature to call Mickelson "toast" chipin1. He still shot 16 under and beat Els and Furyk - and won the week before! He'll win a Major this year - just watch.

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
Major? No chance golf donkey. Big Phil's a fading force. I started a post a couple of weeks back about Charles Howell and reckon he could be the surprise of the season.

Major winners this year will be Woods (2), Els and Casey...heart ruling the head on that last one.

Hoppy

Club Champion
Visit site
I agree with Teetotal I don't mind to seeing him win and I do hope there are some big one's coming up for him. Sometimes rather Big Phil than Tiger.

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It appears that I'm in the minority on this one!

I can't argue against his talent but big fat Phil grinned his way through the Ryder Cup without threatening to try and help his team at all. Disgraceful!

He's a complete goon and I think throwing away the US Open showed that he's flakey. Mentally weak (a bit like Monty). I'd much rather see Tiger add to his record and become the greatest golfer off all time.

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't drag Monty into this - not mentally weak. He's only bottled one chance to win a major and that was last year. Other than that he's been pipped to them by excellent play. Ryder Cup - not mentally weak, 8 Orders of Merit - not mentally weak.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Big Phil won me over when he smiled his way to his first Masters win. I was not a fan of his when he entered the US Open a few years back, knowing that he would walk off the course if his wife rang to say she was about to give birth. Others, notably Nick Price, (who withdrew from the USPGA allowing the reserve entry - John Daly to win.) and lately Tiger Woods, have declared that they will not enter because they want to be there at the birth.

B

birdieman

Phil Like Tiger knows the Ryder Cup is overhyped c**p promted by European media because we can't win any majors. Try and name any of Montys Ryder Cup singles opponents down the years -bet you can't?
Mickelson on form is as good as anybody, he will win more majors. His at times wild game off the tee leads to great short game entertainment, a bit like Sevvy used to. I don't want to watch Leadbetter trained robots like Howell III, stop dissing Phil, he's great!!!