Mens wrist watches

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I take it no one chances fitting their own batteries then.......
You need fiddly tools, a magnifying lens and the bottle to be confident you know what you are doing. We have a jewellers in town who does them for about £8-10. I don't take the chance.

You might have to suck it up, take it in and pay them to replace the battery and fix it back up.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I must admit that i had always wanted a nice watch as a young lad into being a man. However back then the thought of ownig a nice Tissot seemed to be well out of my reach financially.

More recently i was given a Rolex Datejust after my dad passed away to the big C last August. It was a thing of real beauty but for me its not the bling factor which excites me, its the absolute pinacle of enginering and really what you are paying for is for an item which has been built by masters of the craft.

Unfortunatly the DateJust was gold and was only a 36mm bezel, so it did not suit my thick wrists (yes i do have dirty habits hahah) so my mum encouraged me to trade the Rolex and to get a watch to remember him buy that i would actually wear, as oposed to just keeping in a safe in the house.

I must admit i was full of guilt at the thought of trading it for sentimental reasons obviously, however my mum righty informed me that the old bugger would himself chop change and trade his way through watches so i was just following his lead :D

In the end i picked a watch that i know he would have loved himself and went for the very understated sapphire Omega Moonwatch. for me its just a classy looking peice of supreme engineering, however when i dispcovered teh back story of thr original Speedmaster and the NASA trial, the moon landings and the Apollo 13 incident (plus the Snoopy Awards etc). I was honestly taken aback by the sheer history and Legend of this bit of engineering.

I knew that my old man would have felt similar about the back story (he was an engineer himself and served his time at Rolls Royce and BAE etc)

Do you need to spend thousands on a watch? gawd no.
Would i ever dreram of being snobby about what choice of watch a man wears? you are joking arent you!
Do i feel immensly proud, fortunate and lucky that i get to wear such a lovely timepeice and do i gaze at it lovengly on my wrist from time to time. GAWD YES :D

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a few, but Apple Watch is my day and daily, just handy for tracking and the odd message etc, plus the golf apps, mostly for the weekend.
My dad bought me a rotary watch for my 18th birthday, not expensive but has huge sentimental value.
Mrs JT bought me a tissot for our Christmas as a married couple, I love it still, 20 years on, but rarely gets worn now.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Whilst I own a few watches that I wear more as an accessory when dressing up for a smart occasion - I was never one to wear one day to day.

Then I brought an apple watch.....

Great design (in my opinion) - customiseable face for different occasions too.
Hole19 - Golf watch
Fitness tracking for exercise, stand time and general activity
Time
Siri - great for timers when cooking or setting alarms - or even asking the odd weird question when you cba to google it yourself.
Heart rate monitor
Message notifications
Plus so much more..

Its a game changer. I wear a watch every day now - and always will going forward.

G1z1

Visit site
91A7D62E-62C0-4630-B312-F0645483C8A1.jpeg
I have a good few nice watches including the speedy pro, love that watch on a olive nato but usually wear my AP diver on holidays but will not be playing my round of golf with it on next week just in case.

sunshine

Visit site
I have an Omega Seamaster chronometer, but my favourite watch is a Seiko kinetic that I got myself as a treat in 2003. The Seiko keeps time much better than the Omega, but I wear the Omega as it was a present from the wife.

I've got various other sports / casual watches, but since I bought a Garmin golf watch earlier this year I tend to wear that for everyday use now.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I must admit that i had always wanted a nice watch as a young lad into being a man. However back then the thought of ownig a nice Tissot seemed to be well out of my reach financially.

More recently i was given a Rolex Datejust after my dad passed away to the big C last August. It was a thing of real beauty but for me its not the bling factor which excites me, its the absolute pinacle of enginering and really what you are paying for is for an item which has been built by masters of the craft.

Unfortunatly the DateJust was gold and was only a 36mm bezel, so it did not suit my thick wrists (yes i do have dirty habits hahah) so my mum encouraged me to trade the Rolex and to get a watch to remember him buy that i would actually wear, as oposed to just keeping in a safe in the house.

I must admit i was full of guilt at the thought of trading it for sentimental reasons obviously, however my mum righty informed me that the old bugger would himself chop change and trade his way through watches so i was just following his lead :D

In the end i picked a watch that i know he would have loved himself and went for the very understated sapphire Omega Moonwatch. for me its just a classy looking peice of supreme engineering, however when i dispcovered teh back story of thr original Speedmaster and the NASA trial, the moon landings and the Apollo 13 incident (plus the Snoopy Awards etc). I was honestly taken aback by the sheer history and Legend of this bit of engineering.

I knew that my old man would have felt similar about the back story (he was an engineer himself and served his time at Rolls Royce and BAE etc)

Do you need to spend thousands on a watch? gawd no.
Would i ever dreram of being snobby about what choice of watch a man wears? you are joking arent you!
Do i feel immensly proud, fortunate and lucky that i get to wear such a lovely timepeice and do i gaze at it lovengly on my wrist from time to time. GAWD YES :D

Brilliant although don’t tell Stu C you have a moon watch, it will tip him over the edge. Which one did you go for ?

Thats said, I tried changing the battery on my Garmin gps watch for golf. I wish i had Not tried. It’s not just a case of taking the back off and swopping the battery. Like Ave just done on my car remote fob. Un solder the joints, solder joints back on with new battery and short everything out. Plus with the better watches I believe they have to be pressure tested so that rules out timpsons.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I suspect lots of us know similar ones. A guy I know runs his own acountancy practice but out of work is a real scruff. Always drives an E-Class, changes it every 3 years. He walked into the Newcastle dealer, got the looks and dismissive attitude and left. Drove up to Coldstream, was treated correctly, bought one. Always goes there for servicing and to get his replacement. Good lesson for people to learn.

In terms of watches, how can you ever judge? You never know the wealth of someone.
Never judge a sausage by looking at the skin!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have an Omega Seamaster chronometer, but my favourite watch is a Seiko kinetic that I got myself as a treat in 2003. The Seiko keeps time much better than the Omega, but I wear the Omega as it was a present from the wife.

I've got various other sports / casual watches, but since I bought a Garmin golf watch earlier this year I tend to wear that for everyday use now.
Jeez where do you lads find women that buy you Omegas?