Membership Rebate

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Free buggies! Is the course in Florida?
Not quite, rural Oxfordshire!
Was a new one on me, I think the idea was the hotel guests covered the costs and if say heading over after work with limited light the members could raz around and fit more holes in. Is a pretty tough walk. They had to put a petrol surcharge on last year with guests being down.

Swango1980

Visit site
Looks like our course is one of the few that is allowing non-members to book tee times when we re-open. No special conditions for members, such as the ability to book times first or specially designated tee slots. So, it appears it could be a struggle to get a tee time. Furthermore, membership prices (renewal in August) have increased. Furthermore, no rebates or anything is going to be done for members due to the 4 months missed during this membership year.

I think I've lost complete interest in getting back to golf, and have very little incentive to rejoin come August. Definitely not joining the rush to try and book tee times for the end of this month.

sunshine

Visit site
Looks like our course is one of the few that is allowing non-members to book tee times when we re-open. No special conditions for members, such as the ability to book times first or specially designated tee slots. So, it appears it could be a struggle to get a tee time. Furthermore, membership prices (renewal in August) have increased. Furthermore, no rebates or anything is going to be done for members due to the 4 months missed during this membership year.

I think I've lost complete interest in getting back to golf, and have very little incentive to rejoin come August. Definitely not joining the rush to try and book tee times for the end of this month.

Do you play at a public course? I'd expect all public courses to open to everyone and not give preference to season ticket holders.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

When is your club opening up for bookings. My place isn't opening booking until Saturday 27th March: From 8pm, bookings will open for the period commencing Monday 29th March to Saturday 3rd April inclusive. Sunday 28th 8pm - 4th April opens; Monday 29th 8pm - 5th April opens , and then subsequently daily 8pm for bookings one week ahead.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just had our membership update, we get 13 months membership for the same price as last year (which had quite a big reduction to 7 day members). Plus we get an extra £25 on our card.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This years renewal had a reduction for everyday the course was closed during lockdown number 1. Nothing for lockdown 2 or 3.

Swango1980

Visit site
When is your club opening up for bookings. My place isn't opening booking until Saturday 27th March: From 8pm, bookings will open for the period commencing Monday 29th March to Saturday 3rd April inclusive. Sunday 28th 8pm - 4th April opens; Monday 29th 8pm - 5th April opens , and then subsequently daily 8pm for bookings one week ahead.
It opened yesterday for bookings

D

Deleted member 17920

Did you ever get any joy from the other club you was having a trial membership at?

Do you live close to the course you are a member at now?

Swango1980

Visit site
Did you ever get any joy from the other club you was having a trial membership at?

Do you live close to the course you are a member at now?
Sadly not. I'm hoping they at least get news about their Business Interruption Insurance claim before end of month (when renewal is required), so I at least know if I'll get compensated or not for by 3.5 month membership that ended up being 2 weeks. If I do get compensated, then I would be more than happy, as I like pretty much all other aspects of the course / club.

I do live/work close to my current club, and love the members there. But recent events have tarnished things a bit in my own mind.

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
Subs due 1st April deferred until mid May to compensate for golf lost in first lockdown. Nothing for subsequent lockdown as was winter months and golf not possible for a bit chunk of this due to conditions ( fair enough).
No increase in fees from last year.
As a footnote, it seems club has done very well from government schemes and insurance layouts and there has been no major impact on club finances.
Only downside to whole experience apart from no golf is caterers have thrown in the towel and found pastures new.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just had excellent news from club re membership renewals - following renewals completion on 1st April. Seems like the membership is generally content with the club in how we have handled the pandemic closures and ’rebate/compensation’ - which as it happens was nothing for the ‘over winter’ period - we got some for the summer lockdown closure.

Plus lots of discussion (not all 100% positive) about the course tree and undergrowth clearance work done during the lockdowns seems to have had no impact on renewals. Only 20 out of 635 members did not renew and the majority of these were relocations or life changes - plus the 20 have largely been replaced by conversions from other categories of memberships.

So Membership is full with a waiting list - and club’s financial situation seems solid looking ahead...all being well.

Swango1980

Visit site
Just had excellent news from club re membership renewals - following renewals completion on 1st April. Seems like the membership is generally content with the club in how we have handled the pandemic closures and ’rebate/compensation’ - which as it happens was nothing for the ‘over winter’ period - we got some for the summer lockdown closure.

Plus lots of discussion (not all 100% positive) about the course tree and undergrowth clearance work done during the lockdowns seems to have had no impact on renewals. Only 20 out of 635 members did not renew and the majority of these were relocations or life changes - plus the 20 have largely been replaced by conversions from other categories of memberships.

So Membership is full with a waiting list - and club’s financial situation seems solid looking ahead...all being well.
I envy you

Whereas I paid my £225 on 15th December for a 3.5month membership. Got 2 rounds in, lockdown happened and then my membership ended 2 or 3 days after lockdown ceased. No refund. I'm happy the club got an extra £450 from me and my mate, I hope they use it well.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is an unsubstantiated report of one of our members taking the club (proprietary) to court and winning the right to have the fees he paid for the closure periods reimbursed.

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My previous club, told us we couldnt pay by DD anymore and made everyone pay up for the years membership up front (May Last year) . I was lucky to be on a £300 1st year sapecial. DD for this year also wasnt an option.