Membership of top clubs

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You would need to be invited to be a member of most of the top clubs. You can't just submit an application. Doesn't work like that.

Yep I tried to join RCP when I moved down into Kent. Fair to say a few hurdles put up in my way. I know now I should have dug out my salmon cords and my paisley cravat before trying. :D

D

Deleted Member 1156

If you go about it the right way, membership is an option at a surprisingly high number of top clubs. OK, it may not be cheap or quick but you can get in.

I read not so long ago that around 75% of the top 100 currently have either vacancies or short waiting lists.

D

Deleted member 16999

Some of the most exclusive are not even top courses :thup:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nairn isn't what you would call exclusive,but we are in the top 50 course s in the UK. you need to be introduced my two members who have been there some time. We do have a 2 year waiting list as well. its £830 for full membership that includes locker and bar tab, but there is also that as a joining fee

Royal, Dornoch is two years on the Struy course be for acceptance to full membership plus joining fee which is about double the membership fee of £450 i think.

Ive mate that's just got in Western Gailes and that took some doing i think.

Skibo is quite exclusive £10k a year but they are mostly overseas and if you expect to use it often i think its more.

D

Deleted member 3432

Its probably also a geographical, and population density thing.

NW clubs such as Wallasey, S and A, Hillside's green fees are only round £1,100 to £ 1,300. Joining fees will be 2k plus.

Silloth will be different and probably a lot cheaper. Surrey clubs will be massive, I would have thought, and you will have to be the right "chap".

Silloth membership has gone up to the lofty heights of £500.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive mate that's just got in Western Gailes and that took some doing i think.

I heard they were looking for members over the last couple of years. It's is essentially a Glasgow club and there is a %of Glasgow members to others. I had looked in to it , was it 10 letters of support as well as a proposer and seconder ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I heard they were looking for members over the last couple of years. It's is essentially a Glasgow club and there is a %of Glasgow members to others. I had looked in to it , was it 10 letters of support as well as a proposer and seconder ?

yes and i think they proposers are limited to how many people they are allowed to put forward. last time i played there one of the guys was trying to get one of the other to propose someone for him and said he couldn't as he was saving is propose for his son in law.

as for looking for new members, unless you can provide those you can;t get in. one of the guys i play with's brother in law has emailed 3 times trying to apply. he doesn't have enough people to have the 2 and 10 and the club hasn't replied to any of his emails

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
as for looking for new members, unless you can provide those you can;t get in. one of the guys i play with's brother in law has emailed 3 times trying to apply. he doesn't have enough people to have the 2 and 10 and the club hasn't replied to any of his emails

Yes, they are not that desperate. Sounds like they are trying to tell him something ;)