Membership in Kent/East Sussex

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all

I've been playing now for 18 months and have progressed massively and would like to join a club.

Until now I've been a bit of a nomad playing a lot of different courses around the Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells area.

My playing partner and I would like to join somewhere but dont want to be paying £1300 per year. We've been made offers of £599 to join West Malling and £599 to join the Kent and Surrey club, but I'm not 100% blown away by either place.

Can anyone else recommend a club to join?

Adam

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I really don't know what courses are offering these days, so can't know if the rate are what you want (you are in one of the most expensive areas in the South though). You could try:
Edenbridge
Bletchingley
Hever
Nizels
Sweetwoods

All pretty nice courses.

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really don't know what courses are offering these days, so can't know if the rate are what you want (you are in one of the most expensive areas in the South though). You could try:
Edenbridge
Bletchingley
Hever
Nizels
Sweetwoods

All pretty nice courses.

Edenbridge is the Kent and Surrey course that has made the offer of £599.

Hever, Nizels and Sweetwoods are all around the £1300 figure......I'm 32 and fall just outisde the reduced rates!

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could always try my place The Ridge. I joined and so did Latty from on here at start of this year offering half price membership £43 a month.

If its not to far to travel maybe worth giving the club a call see if deal still stands.

Other than that the West Malling deal is a good one but the Hurrican undergoing some major changes at the moment which is considerably shortening the course

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Ooops, I forgot Pedham. Great course and range, and should be within budget.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Woodlands Manor have some good deals if you want to join a club but only play about 20 rounds a year.

Otherwise £850 a year.

Nice place, where I met my wife 44 years ago.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I live in tonbridge and play at Lamberhurst.

I think it's fantastic - a proper members club. Also, reduced rates for under 35's (in the region of £850 I believe).

It's quite a tough course, you'll never get a flat lie!

I know Duncan Mackie played a match here recently, he'll give you a second opinion I'm sure.