member at 2 clubs hc question

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
can one of you knowledgeable people tell me how this works?

I'm a flexible at 2 clubs.

I gave the new club my cdh number and informed both clubs that the new one was to be my home club

I had a .1 yesterday at the new place. today when I checked, my hc had moved up at the home but not the away club. So today, I got .6 cut at the away course but no movement on the home clubs site.

do I need to do something else? I thought it would be change automatically. especially as both use the intelligent golf system

thanks if you can help :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Your HC at the away club will update anytime the HC sec at the club activates a download from the CDH

Also any score from your Away club gets sent to CDH at EGU and then your home Club will also need to download those scores

The system only runs as smoothly as they HC sec are willing to do the download

Thankfully because i use IG and players we have that have other clubs also play at clubs using IG its done on a daily basis

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your HC at the away club will update anytime the HC sec at the club activates a download from the CDH

Also any score from your Away club gets sent to CDH at EGU and then your home Club will also need to download those scores

The system only runs as smoothly as they HC sec are willing to do the download

Thankfully because i use IG and players we have that have other clubs also play at clubs using IG its done on a daily basis

thanks Phil, one of the reasons I left aintree was the constant hc frustrations. so Im guessing they'll never pull their finger out.

do I need to tell them everytime I play at the other place, in order for them to download it?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you play at your home club, it's updated automatically and your away club have to manually accept the score.

When you play at your away club your home club have to accept your away score to update the CDH database.

for the sake of sounding absolutely stupid... how do I go about doing this?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
for the sake of sounding absolutely stupid... how do I go about doing this?
Unfortunatly as long as both clubs are operating from the same CDH No, nothing. As LP says, your in the hands of the two secretaries to upload from the main database regularly. I'm not sure how IG works but with my system, as soon as I fire it up, it tells me if I have any scores to upload.

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
IG sends emails to the HC sec whenever there's some admin to do for CDH; entering away scores for example.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I enter a score for a player who has their home club elsewhere, I am prompted to confirm the handicap which, I assume, is picked up from their CDH number. Everytime I open up the software I get a prompt advising me when any away score are waiting to be published.

The only thing you need to do is ensure your correct handicap is on the card

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Davey La, you're going to have to give your new club a push too. If it's the same people in charge as when I was there then they aren't the best at managing handicaps. They're the ones responsible for my handicap issues a few years ago.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I enter a score for a player who has their home club elsewhere, I am prompted to confirm the handicap which, I assume, is picked up from their CDH number. Everytime I open up the software I get a prompt advising me when any away score are waiting to be published.

The only thing you need to do is ensure your correct handicap is on the card

your last sentence Louise is where I'm struggling a bit. hc at aintree says 14.2 but Houghwoods is 14.6. imo both are wrong.

I know after yesterday it should be exactly 14. I'm not playing till Wednesday so a bit of time yet, however if no change what should I go off?

cheers

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Davey La, you're going to have to give your new club a push too. If it's the same people in charge as when I was there then they aren't the best at managing handicaps. They're the ones responsible for my handicap issues a few years ago.

sounds a bit out of the fire...

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
your last sentence Louise is where I'm struggling a bit. hc at aintree says 14.2 but Houghwoods is 14.6. imo both are wrong.

I know after yesterday it should be exactly 14. I'm not playing till Wednesday so a bit of time yet, however if no change what should I go off?

cheers

I just meant that if you know your handicap is 14 that's what you should have on your card, even if the club you are playing at still shows it as 15